Security Resources on the Web
If you haven't yet read PC World's package of articles on PC and Internet security (from the November 2005 issue), scroll down to "See the Complete Special Report" for links to all the articles. These features examine such increasingly insidious threats as spyware and adware, online identity thieves, phishing, and instant messaging attacks. We also review anti-spyware tools and boil down security measures to ten basic tips.
If you've read the articles, check out the links below for more information on these important issues.
- For the latest reports from anti-spyware advocate Ben Edelman about adware companies, visit benedelman.org.
- Got spyware yourself? Find help at spywarewarrior.com.
- Learn the latest tactics employed by both spyware and anti-spyware developers in our online Q&A with Zone Labs founder Gregor Freund.
- For further info on the identity theft problem, see the Federal Trade Commission ID Theft site.
- Get a summary of credit freeze laws from Consumers Union.
- As a measure of the threat to privacy, read this chronology of data breaches.
- To learn more about computer crime, go to the Computer Crime Research Center and the Internet Fraud Complaint Center.
- Visit PC World's Info Center for Spyware & Security.
See the Complete Special Report
The New Security War: In This Special Package
Best Defenders and Spy Sweeper Leads the Field (chart)
The Hidden Money Trail
Privacy in Peril
Is the Net Doomed?
Threat Alert: Spear Phishing
Threat Alert: Antivirus Killers
Threat Alert: Instant Messaging Attacks
Security by the Numbers
More Security Resources on the Web
Also See Our In-Depth Online Series
Web of Crime