35 Things Every PC User Should Know
Windows Tips: Optimize PC Settings
- Tweak the start menu display: Right-click the Start button, then click Properties and Customize. Under the Advanced tab, you'll see a list of the items you can modify.
- View all files: Click Tools, Folder Options, View In Windows Explorer. Check Show hidden files and folders; uncheck Hide extensions for known file types and Hide protected operating system files.
- Make sure system restore is on: Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, and then click the System Restore tab; enable it if needed.
- Turn off auto-restart on error: With this feature on, you can't find out why your PC crashed. Right-click My Computer, choose Properties, Click the Advanced tab, select Settings under 'Startup and Recovery', and uncheck Automatically Restart under 'System failure'.
- Turn off error reporting: Go to Settings, Control Panel, System. On the Advanced tab, click Error Reporting, and then select Disable error reporting. No more nag note about sending Microsoft a report.
For comprehensive coverage of the Android ecosystem, visit Greenbot.com.