Laptops of Luxury
- Linksys by Cisco WIRELESS G BROADBAND ROUTER WITH SPEEDBOOSTER (Linksys-WRT54GS) $50.00
- Belkin SleeveTop Notebook Case, Orange
- Samsonite iMobile 360
- Interlink Electronics ExpressCard Media Remote for Bluetooth
- Logitech VX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse
- Targus Rechargeable Bluetooth Laser Mouse
- Creative Live! Cam Optia AF Webcam
- Logitech Orbicam
- Ubixon UBHS-NC1-3D Lubix Bluetooth Stereo Headset
- Kensington Wall/Auto/Air Notebook Power Adapter with USB Power Port $227.00 (Lowest Price) via Amazon.com Marketplace
Bag a Great Carry-On
The ultimate laptop deserves an equally snazzy bag. These days that means a stylish carry-on that doesn't scream to thieves, "There's a laptop inside! Steal me!" Here are three worthy contenders.
Samsonite's $99 iMobile 360 is a new breed of wheeled laptop bag. It has four wheels instead of two, and they spin 360 degrees so the bag never sticks or balks. (It can be a runaway on sloped surfaces, however.) Because you can push it in any direction, it's much easier to maneuver down airport corridors and even cobbled pathways than a two-wheeler. Two thumbs up, with a warning not to let go of the handle on steep grades or in a stiff wind.
Logitech's Kinetik 15.4 Backpack, $100, is a sturdy but lightweight semihardshell backpack with lots of nice padded pockets, big and small. (I especially liked the quick-access pocket on top for keys and airline tickets.) It has a freestanding design so it doesn't slump over when set down. Though it's designed for 15.4-inch notebooks, there's room enough for the skinny 17-inch MacBook Pro. My only beef: A choice of interior colors besides bright orange would have been nice.
Belkin's $40 SleeveTop is great for casual toting. Made of neoprene, it has built-in handles and when unzipped stays open like a briefcase so you don't have to remove the laptop to use it. It's a bit too bulky to fit inside another bag and the top doesn't close; but it's fine for room-to-room trips, and it protects your lap from being scorched. The three available colors are silver, fluorescent green, and orange.
Laptops of Luxury