Time isn't money; it's much more precious than that. Whether you're doing something creative like making a podcast or building a blog, or slogging through chores such as backing up data, removing viruses, or calibrating your high-def TV screen, you want to get things done and move on to the fun.
I have a ton of time-saving tips, including tricks to help you clear space on your hard drive, e-mail massive files, make money from your Web site, and even calculate the mileage on your jogging route.
The quickest way to tackle many tasks is to use applications that probably already exist on your PC. However, for occasions when Windows' built-in tools aren't enough, I've listed some great, free programs that are just a download away.
But enough of this dilly-dallying, already. Let's get on with the tips!
In This Article
- Move Your Media Files to an External Drive
- Back Up Your Data
- Reinstall Windows
- Open a Favorite Folder
- E-Mail Huge Files
- Create a Bootable Rescue Disc
- Build a Web Site
- Keep Tabs on the News
- Correct a Photo's Exposure
- Change Your Monitor's Resolution
- Copy Your Events Calendar to Your Not-So-Smart Phone
- Scan for Malware With Online Tools
- Find the Mileage of Your Hiking/Jogging/Biking Route
- Create a Podcast
- Burn a Playlist CD
- Add Online Payments to Your Web Site
- Share Photos With Family and Friends
- Add Titles to Your Home Movie
- Identify a Hoax E-Mail Message
- Adjust Your HDTV
- Take Linux for a Test Drive
- Publish Home Movies