Casual Friday: 17 Sweet Smart-Phone Tweaks and Games
The HTC home screen is handy, as is its TouchFLO interface. But I need to tame them and show them who's boss. Here are some must-have tools if you too hate the status quo.
9. PointUI Home: iPhone this, iPhone that--I'm tired of people talking about Apple's cool, no-stylus interface. My advice: Download this free (and amazingly smart) smart phone application to make your mobile more manageable.
10. HTC Home Customizer V1.0: If you want to give Windows Mobile just a small face-lift as opposed to total reconstructive surgery, HTC Home Customizer is the program for you. With the help of this convenient little application, you
11. Touch Settings: Out of the box, the nifty finger-swiping interface on the Touch had
The (Yawn) 'Useful' Apps
Yes, I know that billions of useful programs are out there, but here are some go-to
12. Viigo: It's an RSS feed reader and then some. This is a must-have mobile app for catching the news while you're on location.
13. Help 2 Speak: Yeah, when you're a jetsetter like me, a
14. HelloTwitFace: This microblogging tool gives you easy access to HelloTXT, Twitter, and Facebook at the same time--and, well, any program whose name can double for a lame insult is A-OK in my book.
What About the iPhone?
And then there's that whole iPhone thing. Yes, the SDK is out, but if you want to play around right now, you must first clear several hurdles to hack your iPhone apart (aka "jailbreaking"). Oh, sure, you can play some Web games optimized for your cell, but that
15. Labyrinth is a digital port of the old analog wood maze/ball game. You know, you tilt the thing, avoiding holes,
16. If you fancy yourself a musician, check out Pianist,
17. Remember what I said earlier about emulators? Yeah, well, caveat emptor, friend. Someone created a fully functional NES emulator for the iPhone, as well.
How about you guys? Anyone else find some great tweaks or cell phone games I need to check out? Hit the comment field below and let me know!
Until next week...
Senior Writer Darren Gladstone geeks out over gadgets, games, and odd uses for humdrum tech. In other words, he's a nerd--and he's okay with that.
Casual Friday: 17 Sweet Smart-Phone...