For the third episode of our Play This! podcast, television expert and cord-cutter David Daw stops by to talk about some of the music and TV he's been enjoying lately. Did you know there's a fantastic new album from David Byrne and St. Vincent out? It's called Love This Giant, and it's fantastic. Also, Alex Wawro wants you to watch Star Trek: Enterprise, even though it's the worst Star Trek of all. Because he hates you.
Links from this week's episode:
- New albums you should check out include Love This Giant from David Byrne and St. Vincent, and Coexist by the xx.
- Build a house in Skyrim's new downloadable content, Hearthfire.
- Watch old election commercials on The Livingroom Candidate.
- Star Trek: Enterprise is what got Star Trek taken off TV. But Alex Wawro says you should tough it out and watch anyway.
- Need a laugh? Check out Comedy Bang Bang.
- Reggie Watts gives it to Skrillex on Funny or Die.
- Listen to lots of nifty remixes of video game tunes, new and old, at OverClocked Remix.
- Learn all about Johnny Carson with this excellent PBS documentary, King of Late Night.
- Follow us all on Twitter: Jason Cross, Carlos Rodela, Alex Wawro, and David Daw.
Got something you want us to talk about, check out, or a guest you want us to try to book? Send us mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Play This! podcast.
Have a listen:
Or, if you prefer, download the MP3 of this episode.
This story, "Play This! Podcast: In a sci-fi mirror, darkly" was originally published by TechHive.