Adobe Systems has renamed and updated its popular free iPhone application Adobe Photoshop Mobile.
Adobe Photoshop Express, which lets users quickly edit and share photos from Apple's mobile devices, adds support for the iPad. Users can choose from a variety of one-touch effects, or simply drag a finger across the screen to crop, rotate or adjust colour. Artistic filters such as Soft Focus or Sketch are also available, while a copy of your original file is always saved.
Features specific to iPad include:
- Support for portrait and landscape orientations
- Redesigned Online, Edit, and Upload workflows
- Ability to work on multiple photos in sequence from within a single workflow
- Redesigned Organizer view with simplified album sharingUpdated icons and visuals that make it easier to navigate and use the Editor
- Ability to upload to Photoshop.com and Facebook simultaneously
Adobe notes in the update, "We have received reports of some users having difficulty launching the application on an iPad in landscape orientation with certain productivity and printing applications installed. We are investigating these reports. In the interim, you can work around the problem by launching the application in a portrait orientation on the iPad. We are continuing to investigate and will post an update to address these issues as soon as possible."
The 1.3 update also comes with a new tweaked user interface and a number of bug fixes and performance improvements.
Available from the Apple iTunes App Store, Adobe Photoshop Express is free and requires the iPhone 3.0 Software Update or later.
This story, "Adobe Photoshop Express Adds iPad Support" was originally published by Macworld U.K..