PC WORLD BACK TO SCHOOL SWEEPSTAKES
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Sweepstakes starts at 10:00 a.m. PST on August 23, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on September 15, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. TO ENTER, you must be 18 years or older at time of entry, a legal resident of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia. To enter, complete the sweepstakes entry form at http://www.pcworld.com/article/2047085/announcing-the-pcworld-back-to-school-giveaway.html. Limit one entry per person. Entry must be original and no copies, facsimiles or other reproductions are allowed. Late, incomplete, computer-generated script, or other automated entries are not eligible and are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misplaced, or illegal entries, telephone, modem, broadband, or facsimile machine failure, or for incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmissions.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of IDG Consumer & SMB, Inc., and its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and members of their immediate families (spouse, children, parents and siblings) or households (whether or not related) are not eligible.
4. DRAWING: At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, IDG Consumer & SMB will randomly draw three winners from among all the entries on or about September 16, 2013. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. PRIZE: Three prizes will be awarded. First prize consists of a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, approximate retail value (“ARV”) $1,360, and Dell XPS 10 Tablet, ARV $299. Second prize consists of a HP Envy 4-1130us 14-inch Ultrabook, ARV $789 and Asus VS247H-P 24-inch full-HD LED-lit monitor, ARV 158. Third prize consists of an Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51, ARV $859. The total approximate retail value of all of the prizes collectively is $3,195. Taxes on the prize and all expenses not specified related to acceptance and use of the prizes are winners’ responsibility. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. No prize transfers or cash or other substitutions, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize, for one of comparable or greater value in the event advertised prize is unavailable. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
6. GENERAL: Void where prohibited and subject to all laws. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding with respect to all Sweepstakes matters. These Official Rules will be posted at http://www.pcworld.com/article/2047084/pcworld-2013-back-to-school-giveaway-contest-rules.html throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in any manner it deems to be unsportsmanlike or in violation of the Official Rules. Any promotion materials including, without limitation, the offer or these Official Rules, which contain production, printing or typographical errors, or are obtained outside authorized, legitimate channels are void; and Sponsor’s liability, if any, is limited to the replacement of such materials. Recipients of such materials release Sponsor, its parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all losses, claims or damages that may result therefrom.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address specified with the entry. Each potential winner will be required to respond to the e-mail to acknowledge the potential winner’s desire to receive a prize, and each potential winner may be required to (i) provide his or her full mailing address for the purpose of receiving a prize, which address must be within the 50 United States including the District of Columbia, (ii) verify his or her social security number, and (iii) sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, W-9 form, and where lawful, a publicity release, upon Sponsor’s request. If (a) Sponsor does not receive a potential winner’s complete response within the time specified in the prize notification, (b) a prize notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, (c) a potential winner fails to sign and return any required documents according to Sponsor’s instructions, (d) a potential winner otherwise fails to claim a prize properly, or (e) a potential winner is determined to be ineligible, then that potential winner’s prize will be awarded to a replacement potential winner drawn at random from the pool of remaining eligible entrants. The replacement potential winner will need to satisfy all of the requirements of these Official Rules. This process will be repeated until all prizes are awarded. It is the sole responsibility of each entrant to notify Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a winning entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address. A winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
9. RELEASES: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold IDG Consumer & SMB, Inc., and its parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional or judging agencies harmless from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs or losses to person including injury or death, property, or reputation which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize awarded. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of the prize. Winner grants to Sponsor (except where prohibited by law) the unrestricted right to print, publish, broadcast, and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known the winner’s name, state of residence, voice, statement, picture, or other likeness, without additional compensation or right of review or approval for public relations, advertising, and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor. THE PRIZES ARE GIVEN AWAY BY SPONSOR “AS-IS.” SPONSOR DO NOT MAKE ANY, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL, WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE GIVEAWAY OR ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OF ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR ANY PRIZE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
10. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, participants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by participant relating to this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees, punitive, incidental, consequential, or other damages. All issues and question concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s agencies in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in San Francisco County, California.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Winners, send a written request, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to: Nelson Hong, IDG Consumer & SMB, Inc., 501 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94107. Winner’s list requests must reference the name of the Sweepstakes (the “PC World Back to School Sweepstakes”) and must be received within six (6) months of the drawing date.
12. SPONSOR: IDG Consumer & SMB, Inc., 501 Second Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.