How To Fix Up Windows XP
1. Fix Everything: Download Tweak UI to access hidden settings, such as window scroll speed. It's part of the PowerToys pack, which has other apps like ClearType Tuner (improve your LCD's clarity) and Image Resizer (right-click a photo in Windows Explorer to change its resolution).
2. Disable System Tray Pop-Ups (Windows XP and Vista): Enter
regedit in the Start menu Run box (XP) or search box (Vista). In the Registry Editor, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced. Create a new DWORD value with the name of
EnableBalloonTips and a value of
0. Restart the PC.
3. Rearrange the Taskbar: Normally apps are listed in the order opened, but you can freely move apps around on the taskbar by using Taskbar Shuffle.
4. Turn Off Error Reporting: You have no reason to report errors, since Microsoft isn't fixing XP bugs now. Open the System control panel, click the Advanced tab, and click Error Reporting for disabling options.
5. Get Aero Snap in XP: Like the window-management features of Windows 7, such as Aero Snap? You can fake it in Windows XP with the help of AquaSnap, a free add-on.