Cheap Android kids' games are here, just in time to distract them while you wrap presents. The Google Play Store is offering titles like the popular Rayman Jungle Run for 10 cents, while Amazon's Appstore for Android has many games from Sega and Rovio (the maker of the Angry Birds franchise) discounted or free.
Some of the highlights from the Play Store include:
- Rayman Fiesta Run (50 cents)
- The World II Hunting BOSS (49 cents)
- Mickey’s Wildlife Count Along (99 cents)
- Cars 2 Read and Race (99 cents)
- Wreck-It Ralph Storybook (99 cents)
- Disney Princess: Story Theater (99 cents)
- Minnie Bow Maker (99 cents)
- Mickey’s Color and Play! (99 cents)
To take part in Amazon’s fire sale, you’ll need to sideload the new Amazon app. Then you can download the games directly from the app or send them to your device from Amazon’s Appstore website. The shopping behemoth is also throwing in a 30-percent discount on Amazon coins, which lets you upgrade in freemium games like Candy Crush Saga.
The impact on you: Cheap games—what more do you need to know? Christmas Day is usually the busiest digital download day of the year, as people load up their new phones and tablets. It also can’t hurt to keep a watchful eye out for new discounts, as other sales tend to pop up over the holidays.
This story, "Google Play, Amazon Appstore discount a raft of kids' games in holiday promos" was originally published by Greenbot.