Another holiday season is approaching -- time to panic!
Wait, here's a better idea: Check out our annual gift guide -- we've come up with some great ideas for tech gear to give and get.
We have recommendations for more than 45 gifts in every price range, from a $5 phone-holding strap to an $800 premium smartphone. You'll find envy-inducing speakers and smartwatches, keyboards and cameras, chargers and tchotchkes -- and a host of other fun and useful products.
- Part 1: Top-notch tech for $150 or more
- Part 2: Nifty tech from $35 to $150
- Part 3: Stocking stuffers for $35 or less
You can also check out the table below for the complete list of products included or, to see some of these products in action, watch our "Tech gifts for every budget" video.
To jump right to a specific product in our guide, you can expand the table below and click its name. You can also search the table or click the column headers to sort by price or category.
2015 holiday tech gift ideas
We've focused on the most up-to-date versions of products like smartphones and tablets, but you can often save a chunk of change by opting for earlier models -- that is, if you know your gift recipients won't mind missing out on some of the latest features. (See our 2014 holiday gift guide for some of last year's hottest tech.)
Holiday gift guide 2015 contributors
- Rick Broida has written about all manner of technology, from Amigas to business servers to PalmPilots, for more than 20 years in dozens of books, blogs and magazines. He sleeps with an iPad under his pillow.
- Michael deAgonia, a contributing writer for Computerworld, is a computer consultant and technology geek who has been working on computers since 1993, with an emphasis on Macs, OS X and iOS.
- Ken Gagne, a former editor for Computerworld, covers gaming, crowdfunding and retrocomputing. You can see him on the YouTube channel Gamebits and hear him as host of the Polygamer and IndieSider podcasts.
- Barbara Krasnoff is Senior Reviews Editor for Computerworld, covering hardware, software, gadgets, apps and other tech-related products.
- Senior Writer Lucas Mearian covers 3D printers, consumer data storage, consumerization of IT, mobile device management, renewable energy, telematics/car tech and entertainment tech for Computerworld.
- Valerie Potter is Managing Editor/Features for Computerworld, specializing in how-tos, trends and special reports.
- JR Raphael is a syndicated writer and the author of the Android Power blog. For more Android and Chrome OS insights, follow him on Google+ or Twitter.
- Dan Rosenbaum is president of Center Ring Media and editor-in-chief of Wearable Tech Insider. He's been writing about telephones and mobile technology for more than 30 years.
- Jake Widman is a freelance writer in San Francisco and a regular contributor to Computerworld.
This story, "Computerworld's holiday gift guide 2015 (with video!)" was originally published by Computerworld.