Money to burn? 24K gold-plated Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge can be yours for a cool $2K
Sure, it's a ridiculous amount to pay for a phone, but you'll certainly have the most interesting conversation piece around.
If only the best will do, then have we found the phone for you.
London-based Truly Exquisite is selling a series of gold and platinum plated models of the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, all in the range of about $2,300 or more. They’re up for preorder, and given the above-average price they require a 50 percent deposit. After doing some pounds-to-dollars conversion, here’s the breakdown:
- 24K Gold Galaxy S7 – £1,700 (about $2,380 USD)
- 24K Gold Galaxy S7 Edge – £1,800 (about $2,530 USD)
- Platinum Galaxy S7 – £1,800 (about $2,530 USD)
- Platinum Galaxy S7 Edge – £1,900 (about $2,670 USD)
- 18K Rose Gold Galaxy S7 – £1,750 (about $2,460 USD)
- 18K Rose Gold Galaxy S7 Edge – £1,850 (about $2,600 USD)
The story behind the story: As gadgets have become an essential accessory, some retailers have sought to turn them into a luxury item. The most prominent example in the world of Android is Tag Heuer’s Carrera, which costs $1,800. And of course there’s always the ultra-luxurious Apple Watch Edition for those who live in an iOS world, which costs as much as $17,000.
For comprehensive coverage of the Android ecosystem, visit Greenbot.com.