||The Home Equity Loan Calculator is a free Microsoft Excel workbook with three different calculators. The loan calculator spreadsheet will calculate the monthly payment and create a payment schedule, with optional extra payments. The qualification calculator spreadsheet estimates how much money you can borrow based on the current value of your home and the balance on your other mortgage(s) and loans. The home equity calculator estimates how much equity you will have in your home after a number of years, considering appreciation (either positive or negative) and your current mortgage(s). It will also tell how long it will take to pay off your loan(s) based on the monthly payment you specify.
Use the calculators to answer the following questions:
1. How much can I borrow if I already have a mortgage and other loans?
2. What will my monthly payment be?
3. How much can I save in interest if I make extra payments?
4. How long will it take to pay off my loan(s)?
5. Could I end up owing more than my home is worth if the value of my home drops?
6. What are the tax deductions from paying interest on my mortgage (if applicable)?
- No installation, no macros, no ads
- Save your calculations by simply saving a copy of the spreadsheet
- Help is provided in the cell comments