||Most PC Games put the player in the role of Good, playing a handsome and peace-loving hero, tasked with smashing hordes of evil enemies in the name of peace and in-turn saving mankind from a terrible fate. Traps of Darkness switches it up and allows players to choose from seven Evil characters fighting to free their dark lord and wreak havoc on all of mankind. Traps of Darkness is a retro arcade action game with tactical elements that puts the player against multiple opponents in environments fraught with deadly pitfalls and complicated levels; similar to games like Spy vs. Spy, Atomic Bomberman and many others.
- Seven unique minions of Ragnar to choose from; each equipped with deadly traps and unique powers.
- Players improve the skills of their hero as they complete levels and gain experience.
- Multiplayer mode brings new tactical options for players in fierce fights against 2?7 players over LAN or Internet.
- Players lay traps and take advantage of the terrain (labyrinths) to achieve victory against numerous opponents and vermin that populate every level.
- A powerful AI, diverse maps with random item spawning and combinations of dark competitors ensure long hours of diverse gameplay.
- Players race to collect power boosts that increase combat abilities or temporarily grant powers to aid them in collecting the three pieces of the skull key.
- The inherent randomness and frantic gameplay makes it impossible to win the same way twice.
Genre: Action / Adventure
Platform: PC Windows
Developed by: Cinemax Ltd
Release Date: 05/03/2005