- Blocks phishing sites too
- Minimal configuration required
- Doesn't protect against Web-based exploits
- Interface could use some cleaning
At A Glance
Great firewall protection app ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 2012 works well for inbound and outbound threats and has anti-phishing.
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 2012 blocks viruses that antivirus alone misses, stops hackers attempting to break into your computer, and unlike the default Windows firewall, provides outbound firewall protection to stop spyware from phoning home and botnets from taking over your PC. ZoneAlarm Free Firewall is easy for anyone to use. It operates automatically, due to its powerful DefenseNet cloud service, so users are not interrupted with unnecessary alerts.
What's new in this version: New user-friendly design:
• Easy for all levels of users
• Confirms protection at a glance
• Indicates security components you have and do not have
• Makes securing your computer faster and easier than ever.
• New Quick install reduces time to get started
• Web installer also shortens and simplifies entire download and install time
Enhanced Cloud Security: Continued growth of DefenseNet, the 3rd generation cloud technology that detects 50,000 - 75,000 new applications every day to improve firewall protection and make it work quietly and automatically
|Requirements||2GHz or faster processor (1-GHz for XP), 2GB RAM, 100MB free hard drive space|
|Processor Compatibility||Intel 32-bit and 64-bit|
|Operating System Compatibility||
|File Size||5.06 MB|