- Full-featured personal finance software.
- Extra help for sole-proprietor (Schedule C) businesses.
- Free iOS and Android apps let you access data from and add transactions to cash, checking and credit card accounts.
- Intuit has raised prices for all desktop editions.
- Mobile apps don't support investment accounts.
- Intuit's sunset policy forces upgrades every three years to maintain online services.
At A Glance
New, free mobile apps are the best reason to upgrade to Quicken 2013 from recent versions; otherwise, this capable but pricey finance manager will appeal primarily to new users who prefer to keep their data on the desktop.
Quicken brings all your accounts together in one place... shows you how much money you really have (and where it'ÃÂÃÂs going)... and helps you get on a budget you can live with.