||**Now iOS5 Newsstand-compatible! If you lose issues or subscriptions when you upgrade, simply hit the Restore All button in your Issues list to get them back.**
Popular Science+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Science magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
October issue highlights:
• The Search Is On — Inside the hunt for alien life—on Earth, throughout the solar system, and beyond.
• Did Aliens Destroy Felisa Wolfe-Simon? — When Felisa Wolfe-Simon announced the existence of a microbe that could change the way we see life in the universe, she became instantly famous. Then came the backlash. Now she says her career could be over. How did good science go so bad? By Tom Clynes
• Briliant 10 — Our 10th annual celebration of the smartest young scientists working today.
• What’s New — An electricity-generating soccer ball, an always-dry sweatshirt, a smarter smoke alarm, and more.
• Headlines — The hunt for bin Laden, birth control for wild animals, no-pain needles.
• How 2.0 — The 3-D printer that uses sunlight to melt sand into glass; creating explosions with alkali metals and water.
. . . and more!
*** Annual subscription available! Press and hold your finger on the screen and tap Issues to access the store, and get a one-year subscription for the sale price of US$14.99! ***
** Now with FREE Preview issue! We’ve listened to your feedback—just go into the in-app store by pressing and holding your finger on the screen and you can download a FREE preview of the October issue with five full stories. If you like it, buy the full issue for $4.99 or subscribe. **
How Subscriptions Work:
To get a full issue, enter the in-app store and buy the current issue for $4.99, back issues for $2.99 or a one-year subscription for US$14.99! (prices vary in other currencies)
- Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
AUTOMATIC RENEWAL FEATURE:
* Please note that if your issues or subscription don’t show up after you update, just hit the “Restore All” button in the upper-left corner of the Issues list and it will bring them back right away! *
How to use the app:
-Swipe sideways or tap the left/right edge of the screen to turn pages and find new stories.
-Read stories by swiping up and down. Tap the top of the screen to return to the beginning.
-Press and hold anywhere on the page to quickly access your Issues list at the top (where you can also buy new issues) and the navigation tools including the new Thumbnail “Scrubber” at the bottom. To make the navigation tools disappear and return to the page you were on, either press and hold anywhere or quickly tap anywhere on the page with one finger.
-Swipe sideways with two fingers left/right to skip forward or go back between sections.
-Double-tap the screen to see just the bottom layer. Double-tap again to return to original layout.
-To bookmark pages, tap the upper-right corner of a page. Return to this page through the “Bookmarks” tab in the menu bar. Re-tap the same corner to remove bookmark.
E-mail us with any feedback or problems at firstname.lastname@example.org