- Ultra-wide-angle lens with F2.0 aperture
- Macro mode lets you get extremely close to subject
- Very fast autofocus and quiet zoom motors
- Superior video capture and manual video controls
- Manual controls for aperture, shutter, and focus
- Very sturdy build quality
- Attractive, classic aesthetics
- Superb button layout for accessing manual controls
- Intelligent Auto mode produces underexposed images
- Some camera settings are buried deep in menus
- Limited optical zoom range
At A Glance
The Lumix LX5 isn't the most novice-friendly camera, but it offers an insane amount of power for a fixed-lens camera when you dig into its manual controls.
DMC-LX5 is fully re-designed in the lens, the CCD and the image processing engine together with other improvements and upgrades. The newly developed super bright F2.0 ultra wide angle 24mm LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens minimizes distortion for stunning, true-to-life images with outstanding resolution and detail. The 24mm wide angle offers extraordinarily large viewing space and now the optical zoom is extended to 3.8x(90mm) making the LX5 even more versatile.