||Scan any QR code from your camera, read from QRs shown in Android browser, saved in your SD card or any QR image
given its Internet URL.
★NEW VERSION AVAILABLE★
"QR Droid 4 Beta" has been released with a lot of new features! It's published as a different app while it's still beta. Try it out now! Touch "View more applications" under "Developer Info" to find it.
★Basic usage sample★
(Sharing a Contact to a friend)
• Open QR Droid and select first option: "Contact"
• Select contact you want to share
• Here, you’ll be able to select exactly what to share. To share everything, just press top-right button to create a QR code. That code will contain all contact information
• Your friend opens QR Droid and selects option "Camera"
• His camera opens and he points it to your screen (which is still showing created QR code)
• QR Droid will recognize Contact information and your friend will be able to save it, or directly make a call
... done! Your contact is in your friend’s phone, without using Bluetooth, WiFi, cable or anything else.
• NEW: Create QR codes from your computer: http://qrdroid.com/generate
• If you can't download QR Droid from the Market, get it here: http://qrdroid.com/get
Create QR codes from your contacts, bookmarks and installed applications; browse and search them, select an item and choose exactly what information to encode. Generate QR codes for calendar events, phone numbers, GEO-locations, SMS, or any text you want. Give any color you want and create short URLs for your generated images! Additionally, there's a complete history of every QR code that has been created or decoded
★Tips & Help★
• About QR codes
• For Web masters and Android developers: Offer QR codes-services in one step!
• Install Android apps with QR codes shown in Web pages:
• Scan QR codes when browsing them in your Android:
• Please visit developer's web page (http://QrDroid.com) to read more information, help, tips and more.
• This is a free, ads-supported app. Ads can be removed with a small donation
• QR codes *MUST NOT* be used with confidential/secret information
• If you don't want to grant access to "Your personal information", try "QR Droid Private", which removes 2 features that use that permission. We respect your privacy.
• Uses ZXing library. Apache License 2.0
• Some devices don't allow apps to turn flashlight ON and OFF, so this feature could not work
PCWorld.com rated QR Droid "5.0 out of 5 stars"! Read this and other reviews here: http://qr.ai/b198
Keywords: QR, generator, contact, url, shorten, application, share, phone, number, calendar, event, text, geo, quickmark, geolocation, location, sms, processor, encoder, creator, maker, reader, decoder, private, privacy, permission, qr code reader, red, laser, biz, qr scanner, qr code scanner, barcode scanner, 2d barcode reader, barcode scaner, barcode scan, color, logo, custom
Read more: http://qr.ai/b408
• Fixed bug that can produce high battery consumption on some devices. Please reboot your device after updating to v3.9 to take full advantage of this.
• Flashlight shortcut is now compatible with more devices, however it can't work on all models
• Improved decoding of saved QR images, and from URLs
• Generated QR codes and short URLs can now use short domain http://QR.ai
• Generated links to Android Market can now be shortened too
• Other improvements
Content rating: Low Maturity