||The Berean Bible study freeware (BerBible) is suitable for people who are not Bible scholars, but rather want easy-to-use and fast software to accomplish the basics. It includes at no cost the ESV (English Standard Version 2001 from Good News Publishing), NASB (New American Standard Bible 1995 from The Lockman Foundation), and the NKJV (New King James Version 1982 from Thomas Nelson, Inc). The learning curve is all but trivial because only the essentials are implemented:
* go directly to a specific verse
* find verses with specified word(s).
Word/phrase searching is extremely fast, intuitive, and very flexible to find what you are looking for. On most computers, it is running immediately after you launch it. BerBible works great on old computers that are too slow for software oriented to scholars. It does not assume a high resolution monitor and latest hardware. Its small download is optimized for people with a slow, unreliable, or expensive Internet connection.
The small Starter-Kit downloads includes the program, complete Bible, and extensive Help and documentation.
* mini-tutorial with 7 steps that is most of what you need to know to use basic features
* slideshow illustrating the above mini-tutorial is available from the website
* basic tutorial oriented to less experienced users
* 70 step tutorial of New Features for experienced users
* context sensitive help, F1-Help, FAQ's hover tool-tops, e-support, and more
Versions for the Pocket-PC and Palm pda devices are available. Also free and very fast.
God is pleased when followers of the Lord Jesus Christ have a growing knowlege of His Bible, His Son, and His message of salvation and repentance for a lost and dying world.
BerBible derives its name from Berean Bible, which reflects that the focus is on 'sola scriptura' with no provision for commentaries. ... [the noble Bereans] received the word with all readiness of the mind, examining the Scriptures daily. Acts 17:11b