Today's Best Tech Deals
Picked by PCWorld's Editors
Top Deals On Great Products
Picked by Techconnect's Editors
Strategy: Defense in Depth
Layers of protection block different kinds of threats and may provide backup if one layer fails.
- Using NAT1 masks IP address from port scans.
- Blocks unsolicited incoming communications.
- Does not protect against most malware, such as Trojan horses, viruses, e-mail worms, and spyware.
- Prevents backdoor apps, Trojan horses, and unwanted applications from sending data from the PC.
- Protects a laptop on public wired and wireless networks.
- Can block some malware, but can't remove it.
- Blocks deceptive e-mail scams (phishing schemes).
- Reduces e-mail sorting fatigue, so users are less likely to accidentally activate an e-mail-borne virus in haste.
- Protects against known worms, viruses, and Trojan horses but is less effective against new infectors.
- Systems are still vulnerable to infiltration from adware, spyware, and browser hijackers.
- Protects against adware, browser hijackers, spyware, tracking cookies, and other Internet parasites.
1The Network Address Translation Internet standard allows LANs to use different sets of IP addresses for internal and external traffic.
Walmart Promo Code
Tech Sale: 70% off Samsung TVs at Walmart
Extra 10% off bedding & bath with active Target promo code
Home Depot Coupon
Home Depot sale: Up to $100 off on grills + free shipping
Save $5 on next gadget purchase using eBay promo code
Home renovations: Up to 55% off
JCPenney coupon - 40% off $750+ Furniture & Mattresses