Today's Best Tech Deals
Picked by PCWorld's Editors
Top Deals On Great Products
Picked by Techconnect's Editors
Breakup Tips: Best Ways to Unload an Online Service
Breaking up with an online service doesn't have to mean an ugly divorce. Avoiding hassles just requires preparation and some postnup plotting.
- Use a single credit card to conduct all your online transactions. This will allow you to monitor all of your subscriptions from one statement.
- Before you become a subscriber, find out how easy it is to cancel. If you can't find a cancellation page on the site, ask the service how to find it.
- Ask what the terms of service are, before you sign up. For example, Equifax's credit monitoring service requires a three-month minimum commitment.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see how common billing or cancellation complaints are against the service you're considering subscribing to.
- If you cancel, ask for a refund. AOL says that it provides a refund only to customers who request one; EarthLink and ESPN say that they issue refunds on a case-by-case basis to customers who ask.
- Pay with a credit card that allows you to dispute charges. MasterCard offered to resolve my refund dispute with NetZero by reversing the charge.
Old Navy Coupon
Use this Old Navy coupon to enjoy 20% off Built-In Flex Everyday Shirt
Prettylittlething Coupon Code
Get 60% PrettyLittleThing coupon code with newsletter sign up
Eastbay Promo Code
15% off $75 with Eastbay promo code
$10 eBay coupon for invited users
Target Promo Code
Target promo code - Up to 45% off
Save $50 on your order of $600 with Overstock promo code