Today's Best Tech Deals
Picked by PCWorld's Editors
Top Deals On Great Products
Picked by Techconnect's Editors
Breakup Tips: Best Ways to Unload an Online Service
Breaking up with an online service doesn't have to mean an ugly divorce. Avoiding hassles just requires preparation and some postnup plotting.
- Use a single credit card to conduct all your online transactions. This will allow you to monitor all of your subscriptions from one statement.
- Before you become a subscriber, find out how easy it is to cancel. If you can't find a cancellation page on the site, ask the service how to find it.
- Ask what the terms of service are, before you sign up. For example, Equifax's credit monitoring service requires a three-month minimum commitment.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see how common billing or cancellation complaints are against the service you're considering subscribing to.
- If you cancel, ask for a refund. AOL says that it provides a refund only to customers who request one; EarthLink and ESPN say that they issue refunds on a case-by-case basis to customers who ask.
- Pay with a credit card that allows you to dispute charges. MasterCard offered to resolve my refund dispute with NetZero by reversing the charge.
Old Navy Coupon
20% off your first Old Navy Outlet purchase
PrettyLittleThing coupon: Take 70% off your favorites
Eastbay Promo Code
15% off $75+ with Eastbay coupon
Express promo code 15% off $30
Save $250 on luxury-brand watches with eBay coupon
Forever 21 Coupon
Forever 21 coupon: buy 5 summer basics and get 30% off