Start the new year with a new computer!
PCWorld is hosting a giveaway for two Lenovo products. That's right: You'll have a chance to win a new Lenovo tablet or convertible PC. For your chance to win, please fill out the brief list of questions on the left side of this page.
What we're giving away: Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 and case, Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Convertible Ultrabook.
How to enter
First read the PCWorld 2013 Lenovo Sweepstakes rules below. We reserve the right to reject entries that do not conform with the rules. Please note that you can enter only once.
Entering is simple: Answer the question at left, then fill in your email address and birth date where shown. All fields must be valid in order for your entry to qualify.
All submissions must be filed no later than 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time, on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013. Again, please read the rules, which specifically define the conditions under which entries may be rejected.
How are winners chosen?
All winners will be chosen by random drawing. The drawing for all four winners will take place sometime after Jan 2, 2014.
What happens if I win?
If you win, we'll contact you after the drawing, sometime after Jan 2, 2014. Contact will be made via email, and you'll need to respond to the email to receive your prize. Once we receive your acknowledgment, we'll ship your prize to you.
PC WORLD 2013 LENOVO SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. General Conditions. The PC World 2013 Lenovo Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by IDG Consumer & SMB, Inc., 501 Second Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 (“Sponsor”) and co-sponsored by Lenovo (United States), Inc., 1009 Think Place, Morrisville, NC 27560 (“Co-Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules (these “Rules”) and the laws of the United States. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, entering individuals (each an “Entrant”) agree to abide by the terms of these Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
2. Who Can Enter. The Sweepstakes is open to any natural person who is all of the following: (i) a legal resident of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia; and (ii) eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Officers, directors, and employees of Sponsor, Co-Sponsor or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, or agents (including without limitation advertising and promotion agencies), as well as immediate members or members of the households (whether or not related) of any such persons, are NOT eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win a prize. “Immediate family members” means, with respect to a person, that person’s spouse, and that person’s and his or her spouse’s parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, and step-siblings, and each of their respective spouses.
3. How to Enter. Potential Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by answering a qualifying question (multiple choice) date of birth and valid email address. If any of these options are missing the entry will be disqualified.
4. Entry Deadline. Potential Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes beginning at 12:01 a.m. PST on Monday, November 11, 2013, and ending at 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 (“Entry Period”). Only one entry per individual may be submitted. If multiple entries are received from the same Entrant, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all of such Entrant’s entries. Entry must be original and no mechanical entries will be accepted, facsimiles or other reproductions are allowed. Late, incomplete, computer-generated script, or other automated entries are not eligible and are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misplaced, or illegal entries, telephone, modem, broadband, or facsimile machine failure, or for incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmissions.
5. Prizes. Two (2) prizes will be awarded. The prizes consist of a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 , approximate retail value (“ARV”) $269 with a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 Sleeve, ARV $30 and a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, ARV $1,499 (each, a “Prize” or collectively “Prizes”). The total approximate retail value of the Prizes is $1,798.00. No Prize is exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for a Prize one or more items of equal or greater value. No winner may receive more than one prize. Each winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any federal, state, local, and other taxes, fees, insurance, or other amounts owed on his or her Prize or any other liabilities incurred in connection with the Sweepstakes (other than standard fees associated with shipping the Prize to the winner’s address, for which Sponsor will be responsible). For purposes of compliance with tax regulations, each winner must provide his or her Social Security number to claim a Prize. Only the winners will need to provide this information. If required, Sponsor may issue each winner an IRS Form 1099 for the value of his or her Prize.
6. Prize Drawing; Odds of Winning. The Prize drawing will be held on or around Thursday, January 2, 2014, at Sponsor’s offices. Two (2) winners will be selected by random drawing by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Notification and Prize Claim. Each potential winner will be notified via e-mail sent to the address specified in the Entrant’s entry on or about Wednesday, January 8, 2014. Each potential winner will be required to respond to the e-mail to acknowledge the Entrant’s desire to receive a Prize, and each potential winner may be required to (i) verify his or her full mailing address for the purpose of receiving a Prize, which address must be within the 50 United States, including the District, (ii) provide his or her social security number, and (iii) sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, W-9 form, and where lawful, a publicity release, upon Sponsor’s request. If (a) Sponsor does not receive a potential winner’s complete response within the time specified in the Prize notification, (b) a Prize Notification or a Prize is returned as undeliverable, (c) a potential winner fails to sign and return any required documents according to Sponsor’s instructions, (d) a potential winner otherwise fails to claim a Prize properly, or (e) a potentialwinner is determined to be ineligible, then that Entrant’s Prize will be awarded to a replacement potential winner drawn at random from the pool of remaining eligible Entrants. The replacement winner will need to satisfy all of the requirements of these Rules. This process will be repeated until all Prizes are awarded. It is the sole responsibility of each Entrant to notify Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a winning entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address. A winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and divisions, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (including but not limited to advertising and promotion agencies) (“Sweepstakes Entities”) are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in Entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
8. Disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines (a) has tampered with the entry process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, or the Sponsor Site or affiliated websites, (b) has acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or harass Sponsor, other Entrants, or any other person or entity; or (c) to be ineligible under, or otherwise in violation of, these Rules. Any attempt by an Entrant to commit any of the acts of misconduct set forth in this section may be a violation of civil and criminal law and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from such Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason, including but not limited to as a result of fraud, financial or administrative difficulties, a technical problem (such as a computer virus/bug), or unauthorized intervention that corrupts the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes ever terminate, notice will be posted on the Sponsor Site and Sponsor will announce an alternate means for awarding the Prizes.
10. Representations. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant represents and warrants to Sponsor that: (i) the Entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, that Entrant is at least eighteen (18) years of age); (ii) the Entrant is the owner of the e-mail address through which Entrant registered for the Sweepstakes; and (iii) in entering the Sweepstakes, the Entrant will comply in all respects with these Rules and all applicable statutes, orders, regulations, and other laws.
11. Limits of Liability; Release. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, and any other manufacturer or supplier of any Prize component will not have any responsibility whatsoever for losses or damages of any kind that result from entry or participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant releases and holds harmless Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook from any and all losses, damages (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory or other damages), costs, and liabilities of any kind arising out of or in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes; (b) any violation by Entrant of these Rules or applicable laws; (c) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any Prize; (d) any incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate information caused by any technical, human, or other errors that may occur in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation any printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes materials; (e) any technical malfunctions (errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) or unavailability of any computer, on-line system, network, telephone, modem, facsimile machine, server, or other communications equipment or provider, including but not limited to any e-mail transmission failure (proof of transmission does not constitute proof of delivery); (f) any stolen, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, improperly transmitted, lost, late, ineligible, non-conforming, or damaged entries, notices, forms, or other correspondence; or (g) any conditions arising from events beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control. Any promotion materials, including, without limitation, the web page announcing the sweepstakes and the entry page, or these Rules, which contain production printing, or typographical errors, or are obtained outside authorized, legitimate channels are void; and Sponsor and Co-Sponsor’s liability, if any, is limited to the replacement of such materials. THE PRIZES ARE GIVEN AWAY BY SPONSOR “AS-IS.” SPONSOR AND CO-SPONSOR DO NOT MAKE ANY, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL, WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR ANY PRIZE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.