Yesterday, after Facebook accidentally leaked their long-overdue official iPad app, the blogosphere errupted with instructions on how to unlock the hidden app. Facebook quickly responded by blocking Facebook for iPad. Clearly there is a lot of interest in the app, because today hacker chpwn released a tool called FaceForward that re-enables the hidden feature.
Here's how to use it:
0) You must have a jailbroken iPad to use FaceForward.
1) Install Facebook for iPhone on your iPad.
2) Launch Cydia and search for FaceForward
3) Install FaceForward. You will be prompted to reboot your iPad.
4) When you launch the formerly iPhone-only app, it will now be iPad native!
Facebook for iPad is still in beta and this release was clearly a mistake. Obviously if the FB team was ready to release the iPad app they would. Use at your own risk.
Something to say about Facebook for iPad? Use the comments!
Mike Keller is our resident iOS nerd. Catch Diary of a Developer every Tuesday here at GeekTech.