BUSINESS CENTER TECH AUDIT RESEARCH SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Who Can Enter: The Sweepstakes is open to any natural person who is at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry, and is a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia but excluding Puerto Rico). Officers, directors, and employees of either Sponsor, any prize manufacturer or supplier, any other company involved with the design or operation of the Sweepstakes, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or agents (including without limitation advertising and promotion agencies), as well as their immediate families and household members, are NOT eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. How To Enter: Each potential Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes once only by completing the Business Center Tech Audit Research Survey. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant represents that he or she meets all eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Rules. Sponsors reserve the right to reject any entries that do not conform to the above requirements or are otherwise ineligible, any entries that have been tampered with, any automated or computer-generated script entries, or any entries that are misdirected, incomplete, corrupt, lost, or submitted after the Sweepstakes is discontinued, whether due to Internet or server failure or otherwise. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. 4. Monthly Drawing; Odds Of Winning: Sponsors will hold a prize drawing one time. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entrants. All eligible Entrants entering the Sweepstakes on the Sponsor Site will be combined into a single pool of potential winners for the prize drawing.
5. Prizes: Each Winner will receive one (1) Amazon gift certificate with a stated value of Twenty-Five Dollars ($25.00). No prize is exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any prize one or more items of equal or greater value. Because the prizes are gift certificates, acceptance and use of the prizes are subject to all eligibility criteria, expiration dates, service or dormancy fees, and all other terms and conditions (if any) imposed by the issuer of the prizes. Neither of the Sponsors nor any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates is the issuer of the prizes, and none of them is responsible for establishing those terms and conditions, for disclosing or explaining any of those terms and conditions to Entrants, or for any Winner’s failure to comply with any of them. If a Winner does not comply with all of those terms and conditions, the Winner may not be able to obtain the maximum value, or any value, from his or her prize. The Winners are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any federal, state, provincial, local, VAT, and other taxes, fees, customs, duties, insurance, or other amounts owed on any prize or any other liabilities incurred in connection with the Sweepstakes (other than standard fees associated with mailing a prize to a Winner’s address, for which Sponsors will be responsible). For purposes of compliance with tax regulations, each Winner may be required to provide his or her Social Security number or taxpayer identification number to claim a prize. Only Winners will need to provide this information.
6. Winner Notification and Prize Claim: Within five (5) working days after the prize drawing, the Sponsor will notify the Winner by sending an e-mail (the “Prize Notification”) to the e-mail address associated with the Winner’s survey submission. In order to claim the prize, each Winner may be required to verify for Sponsors his or her permanent address and Social Security number or tax identification number. Upon a Sponsor’s request, each Winner must also execute and return, where legally permissible, a declaration of eligibility, a liability release, and/or a publicity release. If any Winner fails to respond or otherwise comply with any of these requirements within ten (10) days of receipt of the Prize Notification, if the Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a Sponsor determines that a Winner is not eligible to win or is not in compliance with these Rules, then Sponsors have the right to disqualify that Winner and to select an alternate Winner from the pool of remaining Entrants. Sponsors may require each replacement Winner to satisfy all of the eligibility and other requirements of these Rules. It is the sole responsibility of each Entrant to notify Sponsors of any change in e-mail address. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a winning entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the Winner’s user name in the database of registered users of the Sponsor Site through which the winning entry was submitted. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address. Each Winner may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. Disqualification: The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant that it determines (i) has tampered with the entry process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, or the Sponsor Site; (ii) has acted in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or harass the Sponsor, other Entrants, or any other person or entity; (iii) has not satisfied all of the requirements for entry in the Sweepstakes; or (iv) to be otherwise ineligible under, or otherwise in violation of, these Official Rules or any of the Policies. Any attempt by an Entrant to commit any of the acts of misconduct set forth in this section may be a violation of civil and criminal law, and each Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from such Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Final Drawing; Termination: When the Sponsor determines to discontinue the Sweepstakes, Sponsors will post notice on the Sponsor Sites of the deadline for the final prize drawing. In addition, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason, including without limitation as a result of fraud, financial or administrative difficulties, technical problems (such as a computer virus/ bug), or unauthorized intervention that corrupts the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper functioning of this Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes ever be terminated prior to the anticipated final drawing, the Sponsor will post notice on the Sponsors Site and will make alternate arrangements to award any prize offered.
9. Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that the Sponsor, any prize manufacturers or suppliers, any other company involved with the design or operation of the Sweepstakes, their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (including without limitation any advertising or promotion agencies), will not have any responsibility whatsoever for losses or damages of any kind that result from entry or participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, by entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor and each of the other aforementioned persons and entities from any and all damages, losses, liabilities, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation those arising from personal injury, death, or property damage) arising out of or resulting from: (i) the Sweepstakes or any entry in the Sweepstakes, (ii) any violation by Entrant of these Rules, the Policies, or applicable laws; (iii) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize; (iv) any incorrect, incomplete, or garbled information caused by any technical or human error that may occur in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes materials; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions (e.g., without limitation errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation, or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, online system, server, or other equipment or provider; (vi) any failure of e-mail on account of Internet traffic congestion or otherwise (i.e., proof of transmission does not constitute proof of delivery); (vii) any entry, e-mail, prize package, or other material or correspondence that has been tampered with or that is stolen, misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, non-conforming, ineligible, or damaged; (viii) any failure of any postal or delivery service; or (ix) any events beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor nor any of the other aforementioned persons or entities shall be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, howsoever caused, whether arising in tort, contractor, strict liability, or other legal theory, and regardless of whether such party was advised of the possibility of such damages, and all such damages are hereby disclaimed and excluded. ALL PRIZES ARE GIVEN AWAY BY SPONSORS “AS IS.” THE SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT) WITH REGARD TO ANY PRIZE.
10. Use of Data: Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that all entry data becomes the property of The Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant grants to the Sponsor the right to use and publish Entrant’s name, state of residence, and any other information in the winning entry both online and in print, in connection with the Sweepstakes, without additional compensation, except to the extent prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, the Winner acknowledges and agrees to the use by the Sponsor without additional compensation, of his or her name, user name, likeness, photograph, voice, user review, and biographical material for such Sponsor’s advertising, marketing, promotion, and other purposes, except to the extent prohibited by law. In addition, each Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on Entrants received through the Sweepstakes, in any manner permitted by the Policies.
PC World Communications Inc.
501 Second Street, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94107
PC World’s telephone number is (415) 253-0505. Please call the above number or write to email@example.com to ask any questions about the Sweepstakes or to find out how to be removed from PC World’s mailing list.
11. Miscellaneous: Any dispute between the Sponsor and an Entrant arising out of or relating to these Rules, the Sweepstakes, or any prize must be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in San Francisco, California, and the Sponsor and each Entrant irrevocably waive any objection to such courts on any basis, including without limitation venue, jurisdiction, or inconvenience of the forum. If any part of these Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified by such court to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of the Sponsor, and the remaining parts of these Rules will remain in full force and effect.