Ever heard of Bingo Blitz? DoubleDown Casino? Gardens of Time? Me neither, but they made Facebook's "top games of 2011," a list derived from games "with more than 100,000 monthly active users and giving priority to those games with the highest user satisfaction scores."
Facebook says the average gamer played over three different games a month, and "played more than half the days they visited the site." The company also highlighted its international angle, noting apps "were built by developers around the world from Seattle, Santa Monica, Canada, Germany, Japan, Serbia, and Prague."
Here's the official top 10 list, according to popularity:
1. Gardens of Time (By Playdom)
2. The Sims Social (By EA)
3. Cityville (By Zynga)
4. DoubleDown Casino (by DoubleDown Interactive)
5. Indiana Jones Adventure World (By Zynga)
6. Words With Friends (By Zynga)
7. Bingo Blitz (By Buffalo Studios)
8. Empires & Allies (By Zynga)
9. Slotomania-Slot Machines (By Playtika)
10. Diamond Dash (By wooga)
What's Gardens of Time? Never played it, but according to the game page, it's a hidden object puzzler in which you use a time machine "to locate hidden objects throughout history, unravel the intrigues of a secret society, and protect the world from sinister forces!"
Facebook's also put up a few 'by category' lists. I've included all but the "fashion" games roll, because...really? Fashion games?
Top Casino Games in 2011
1. Zynga Poker (By Zynga)
2. Slotomania – Slot Machines (By Playtika)
3. DoubleDown Casino (By DoubleDown Interactive)
Top Sports Games in 2011
1. TopEleven – Be a Football Manager (By Nordeus)
2. Pool Live Tour (By Geewa)
3. EA Sports: FIFA Superstars (By EA)
Top games with 50,000-100,000 users
1. Super Slot Machines (By Davy Campano, David Livingston Kirby and Robby Campano)
2. WestWars (By Innogames)
3. MouseHunt (By HitGrab)