For Amazon Prime Day 2019, the number of deals have increased dramatically. Amazon's competition has grown, too—but still, this annual summer sale has a long way to go before it rivals Black Friday.
Still, during our hours of poring over deals, we found respectable deals in multiple categories—you’ll find everything from chargers to TVs on the cheap. Tech enthusiasts can find a few diamonds in the rough, too. Overall, it'll pay off to check out both Amazon and rivals like Dell, Walmart, and Newegg, especially if you're shopping for a laptop.
Deals will roll out continually over the course of Prime Day (between July 15 12 a.m. PT and July 16 11:59 p.m. PT), so be sure to check this page regularly for updates. We'll update this article as new deals and new pricing information become available.
- 7/16/19 @ 1:46pm: Amazon's matching some of Newegg's hot prices on Ryzen CPUs. (Be sure to check out the best competing sales that Newegg's running on PC parts, too.)
- 7/16/19 @ 12:42pm: Added two Astro gaming headset deals to our gaming headsets and mics section. These prices undercut the last best sales by $30 to $40.
- 7/16/19 @ 3:30am: We've added deals for bluetooth trackers and home theater audio gear, along with more bargains on cameras, headphones and movies. (Harry Potter fans are in luck right now.)
- 7/15/19 @ 1:53pm: We've added more PC part, audio, storage, and networking deals.
Note: In order to participate in Amazon Prime Day, you must be an Amazon Prime member. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial to take advantage of these sales prices, and then cancel before you’re charged for the $120 yearly membership fee. For more details (and other ways to get Prime for free), check out this article.
The discounts listed below were picked based on information available at press time, Amazon user reviews, and our own experiences with the products when applicable.
Amazon Prime Day 2019: The best tech deals
We’ve listed the most notable all-day deals below, sorted by category. Our picks focus primarily on PC and Android gear, as well as entertainment and smart-home products. Dedicated Apple fans will want check out our round-up of the best Prime Day bargains on Apple gear.
Be aware that all-day deals can run out of stock before Prime Day is over.
As for Lightning Deals, the company has again increased the number of those short, timed sales. Because they vary in duration and can end with an abrupt halt if their allotted inventory runs out, we won’t list the best of those. We do have some tips to help you make the most of Lightning Deals, though.
If you’re in the UK, visit our sister site TechAdvisor for the best UK Prime Day deals.
This category grows larger and larger each year, so we've highlighted only the best deals below. For more Amazon Kindle and Fire tablet deals, check out our separate story for the lowdown.
- $15 - Fire TV stick
- $22 - Echo Dot (3rd gen)
- $25 - Fire TV 4K stick
- $50 - Echo (2nd gen)
- $50 - Fire HD 8 tablet
- $60 - Kindle (ad-supported version)
- $85 - Kindle Paperwhite (ad-supported version)
- $100 - Fire HD 10 tablet
All of these particular Amazon house products are at their lowest prices ever. The full-sized Echo in particular has gotten a tidy reduction, but the Fire TV sticks also sport prices that undercut Black Friday 2018's sales. And two freshly revamped Kindles, each sporting a new feature (a front-light for the entry-level model, and waterproofing for the Paperwhite), also get discounts despite their newness.
Cell Phones & Accessories
This year, you can grab Samsung and Google phones at great prices. You can catch all the details in our smartphone deals article.
Here are a few highlights:
- Samsung Galaxy S10+, 512GB, all colors - $300 off
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9, 128GB, all clolors - $250 off
- Samsung Galaxy S9, 256GB, all colors - $250 off
- Google Pixel 3 XL, 128GB, all colors - $260 off
- Google Pixel 3a, 64GB, all colors- $399
Other configurations—and phones—are available as well.
- $8 - AmazonBasics Braided Nylon USB Type-C to Micro-B, 10 feet
- $11 - AmazonBasics Braided Nylon USB-A to Lightning Connector, 6 feet
Need a few spare cables? Amazon is running a deal on its AmazonBasics cables for Android phones and iPhones, with a variety of colors and lengths, all for excellent prices.
- $14 - AmazonBasics 40W 4-Port Multi USB Wall Charger, White
- $17.50 - AmazonBasics 60W 6-Port Multi USB Wall Charger, Black
- $17.50 - AmazonBasics 60W 6-Port Multi USB Wall Charger, White
- $21 - AmazonBasics 60W 10-Port Multi USB Wall Charger, Black
Need to charge multiple smartphones and/or tablets? Amazon's in-house brand has several options at all-time lows, so whether you have just a handful or a whole horde of devices to juice up, you're covered.
- $17 - TP-Link 10000mAh Power Bank (TL-PB10000)
- $25 - Anker PowerCore 13000 2-Port Portable Charger with PowerIQ
- $26 - Anker PowerCore 10000mAh USB-C Power Delivery (18W) Power Bank
- $30 - Anker PowerCore 20100mAh Ultra High Capacity Power Bank
Headphones, portable speakers, and microphones
- $49 - Cowin E7 Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones, Purple
- $61 - Cowin E7 PRO Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones, Black
- $77 - Cowin SE7 Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones, Black
- $89 - Bose SoundLink Color II Bluetooth Speaker (Midnight Blue)
- $90 - Sony Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones WH-CH700N, Blue
- $104 - Cowin E8 Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones with Mic, Black
- $120 - Jabra Elite 65t True Wireless Earbuds (Titanium Black)
- $120 - Jabra Elite 65t True Wireless Earbuds (Gold Beige)
- $139 - Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones
- $160 - Bose SoundLink II wireless headphones (White)
- $160 - Bose SoundLink II wireless headphones (Black)
Fans of bluetooth audio devices are in luck this Prime Day, as two popular brands slash prices on a few beloved products. The Jabra Elite 65t true wireless earbuds are a particularly good deal, as they match an all-time low price that last available during Black Friday 2018.
- $20 - Tile Slim
- $33 - Tile Pro with Replaceable Battery - 2 pack
- $35 - Tile Pro with Replaceable Battery - 2 pack (1 x Black, 1 x White)
- $40 - Tile Mate and Tile Slim - 4 pack (2 x Mate, 2 x Slim)
- $66 - Tile Pro with Replaceable Battery - 4 pack (2 x Black, 2 x White)
Never lose your keys or wallet again with these all-time low prices on Tile's popular bluetooth trackers. The latest generation comes with replaceable batteries, which gives them far longer longevity than previous iterations.
Fitness trackers & smartwatches
Looking for a new fitness tracker or smartwatch? We've got you covered with our separate deals list that covers Fitbits, Garmin bands, Apple Watch, and more.
- $49 - AncestryDNA: Genetic Ethnicity Test
- $70 - AncestryDNA: Genetic Ethnicity + Traits Test
- $100 - 23andMe: Health + Ancestry Service
DNA test kits have exploded in popularity in the last year—and for Prime Day, tests from the two most popular services are on sale. Of the two, 23andMe's kit boasts the biggest discount; you're essentially getting its upgraded test for the list price of its basic test. (For more information about DNA testing and the different companies offering them, you can check our reviews.)
- $10 - Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (DVD)
- $10 - The Mule (Blu-Ray)
- $11 - Green Book (Blu-ray)
- $12 - Mamma Mia! 2-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
- $13 - The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
- $13 - Venom [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital]
- $14 - A Star Is Born (4K + Blu-ray + Digital)
- $16 - Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital)
- $17 - The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (4K + Blu-Ray)
- $17 - The Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2 Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
- $23 - Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection
- $28 - Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
- $28 - How To Train Your Dragon: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
- $30 - Mission: Impossible - 6 Movie Collection (Blu-ray + Digital)
- $35 - The Office: The Complete Series (DVD)
- $36 - Batman: The Complete Television Series (Blu-ray)
- $45 - The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray + Digital)
- $60 - Mission: Impossible - 6 Movie Collection (4K + Blu-ray + Digital)
- $70 - Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
- $80 - Harry Potter 8-Film Collection (4K + Blu-ray)
- $85 - Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray + DVD)
Last year's DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4K Blu-Ray sales favored sci-fi fans. For 2019, the selections are more scattered across genres, and a few of the deals aren't quite all-time lows. (Though they are still very good prices.) The best bargains are The Sopranos: The Complete Series Blu-Ray collection, the How to Train Your Dragon 3-movie set, and the Mission: Impossible 6 movie collection.
Soundbars, speakers, and audio equipment
- $50 - Polk Audio T15 100W Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
- $120 - Samsung HW-MM45 2.1 Channel Wireless Soundbar
- $200 - Denon DP-300F Automatic Analog Turntable
- $206 - Klipsch R-12SW Subwoofer
- $260 - Klipsch R-26F Floorstanding Speaker
- $398 - Klipsch R-625FA Floorstanding Home Speaker
- $205 - Yamaha YAS-207BL Bluetooth DTS Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
With the exception of the Denon turntable, all of this home theater audio gear matches previous best prices. Sales are relatively rare on this equipment, though, so even a non-all-time-low willl help those who've been waiting for some kind of discount.
Amazon has its Fire TV sticks on sale, but there's more out there that can be had for less than usual. Head on over to our round-up of the best Amazon Prime Day deals for cord-cutters for all the details.
We expect more TV deals to come (check out our best Prime Day TV deals round-up for updates on those), but this one isn't a bad one to start with. This popular Sony model comes with HDR support and an IPS screen, and serves as an affordable mid-tier option for those torn between quality and price.
The Amazon deal gods smiled upon the PC for Prime Day 2019: We've never seen quite so many deals. However, those same deities might have been a little tipsy when selecting their chosen bargains, because the opening spread is a bit eclectic. If you're in the market for a Chromebook in particular, you're in luck—there are quite a few to choose from.
Gaming Headsets and Mics
- $50 - HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming Headset, Silver
- $60 - CORSAIR Void PRO RGB Wireless Headset (Dolby 7.1), Carbon
- $70 - HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset, Gun Metal
- $70 - HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset, Red
- $100 - Astro A40 TR + MixAmp M80 for Xbox One / PC (2017 model)
- $100 - HyperX QuadCast USB Condenser Gaming Microphone
- $100 - SteelSeries Arctis 7 (2019 Edition) (DTS), Black
- $100 - SteelSeries Arctis 7 (2019 Edition) (DTS), White
- $150 - Astro A40 TR + MixAmp Pro TR for PlayStation 4 / PC (2017 model)
- $80 - CORSAIR K68 RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry MX Speed
- $100 - CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry MX Speed
- $110 - CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry MX Speed
- $30 - HyperX Alloy Core RGB Membrane Keyboard
- $80 - HyperX Alloy FPS RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Silver Speed Switches
- $100 - Razer Huntsman Gaming Keyboard, Purple Key Switches
All of these keyboards are at an all-time low, but this is the first time we've seen this version of the K95 at $110. That price shaves off another $20 off the previous best deal.
- $20 - Logitech MK520 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- $45 - Logitech MK710 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- $25 - Logitech G602 Lag-Free Wireless Gaming Mouse
- $35 - Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse
- $35 - Razer Lancehead TE Ambidextrous RGB Gaming Mouse
- $40 - Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse
- $55 - Razer Naga Trinity Gaming Mouse
- $50 - Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB Gaming Mouse
- $170 - ASUS C223NA-DH02-RD Chromebook, Red
[11.6" HD screen, Celeron N3350, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC storage]
- $170 - ASUS C223NA-DH02 Chromebook, Grey
[11.6" HD screen, Celeron N3350, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC Storage]
- $180 - ASUS Chromebook C423NA-DH02
[14.0" HD display, Celeron Processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC storage]
- $180 - Samsung Chromebook 3 (XE500C13-K06US)
[11.6" HD screen, Celeron N3060 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC storage]
- $200 - Acer Chromebook R 11 C738T-C7KD
[11.6" HD touchscreen, Celeron N3060, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC storage]
- $200 - ASUS Chromebook C523NA-DH02
[15.6" HD display, Celeron Processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC storage]
- $300 - Acer Chromebook 15 CB515-1HT-P39B
[15.6" Full HD Touch, Pentium N4200, 4GB RAM, 32GB storage]
- $380 - Samsung Chromebook Plus V2, 2-in-1 (XE520QAB-K03US)
[12.2" FHD screen, Celeron, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC storage]
- $400 - ASUS C302CA-DHM4 Chromebook Flip 2-in-1
- $600 - Acer Chromebook Spin 13 CP713-1WN-53NF 2-in-1 Convertible
[13.5" 2K touchscreen, Core i5-8250U, 8GB RAM, 128GB eMMC storage]
We'd pen a Dr. Seuss poem if we could about these Chromebooks, but let's just say instead that no matter the screen size, processor type, storage size, or form factor (traditional vs. convertible), these Amazon Prime Day Chromebook sales should have you covered. Every one of them is at an all-time lowest price or very near to it.
- $300 - Acer Aspire TC-885-ACCFLi3O
[Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 + 16GB Optane, 1TB HDD, 8X DVD, 802.11ac]
- $480 - HP Pavilion Gaming PC (690-0020, Black)
[Ryzen 5 2400G, Radeon RX 580, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive]
- $1099 - CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Master GMA1394A Gaming PC
[Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 2400MHz RAM, RTX 2070 8GB, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 802.11AC]
- $1,199 - iBUYPOWER Pro Gaming PC (Trace 9230, Black)
[Core i7-9700k, RTX 2070 8GB, 16GB DDR4, 240 SSD + 1TB HDD, Z370 mobo, liquid CPU cooler, Wi-Fi ready, VR ready]
- $1400 - CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Master GMA1396A Gaming PC
[Liquid Cooled Ryzen 7 2700X, 16GB RAM, RTX 2080 8GB, 1TB SSD, Wi-Fi]
These days, it's once again cheaper to build a PC instead of buying a pre-built, since GPU, SSD, and RAM prices are back to normal prices. (In the case of SSDs, they're actually cheaper than what used to be normal.)
That said, these three PCs do provide good value for pre-builts—they're pretty close in cost to their DIY equivalents, and when you factor in cost of labor and time saved, the extra cash you'll spend is a very fair amount.
- $269 - Acer Aspire 5, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display (A515-43-R19L)
[15.6" 1080p IPS screen, Ryzen 3 3200U, Vega 3 graphics, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Windows 10 S]
- $289 - Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H
[15.6" 1080p screen, Core i3-8130U, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 8X DVD]
- $749 - ASUS FX504 Thin & Light TUF Gaming Laptop (FX504GE-ES72)
[15.6" 1080p, Core i7-8750H, GTX 1050 Ti, 8GB RAM, 256GB M.2 SSD, gigabit Wi-Fi]
- $799 - MSI GV62 8RD-276 15.6" Performance Gaming Laptop
[15.6" 1080p screen, Core i7-8750H, GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB RAM, 128GB NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD]
- $999 - HP ENVY 13" Thin Laptop w/ fingerprint Reader (13-aq0044nr, Silver)
[13" 4K touchscreen, Core i7-8565U, MX250 graphics, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD]
- $999 - Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
[15.6" 1080p 144Hz screen, Core i7-9750H, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 16GB RAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD]
- $1100 - Razer Blade 15
[15.6" FHD screen, Core i7-8750H, GTX 1060 Max-Q, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD]
- $1250 - ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra Slim Gaming Laptop (GX531GS-AH76)
[15.6" 144Hz IPS screen, Core i7-8750H, GTX 1070, 16GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD]
- $2,399 - MSI GS75 Stealth-093 17.3" Razor Thin Bezel Gaming Laptop
[17.3" 144Hz screen, Core i7-8750H, RTX 2080 8G Max-Q, 32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, TB3, Per Key RGB, Win1 0 Home]
Of note are the Aspire 5, Aspire E 15 (one of our favorite budget laptops), the HP Envy 13, and the Helios 300. The Aspire E 15 is down to an all-time low (it's finally dipped below the $300 mark!), while the Envy 13 stuffs in quite a bit of kit (like a 4K touchscreen) for the price you'll pay. For gaming laptops, the Helios 300 packs the latest hardware for a very tidy price.
As for the Razer laptop—well, a 1060 Max-Q hardly sounds like a bargain these days, but when you factor in the Razer premium (which is about as bad as the Apple premium), this actually is a deal.
Looking for more laptop deals? We've crawled through sales on Dell, Newegg, and more—check out our findings here.
- $100 - HP 23.8" 1080p IPS monitor w/ Tilt/Height adj. and speakers (VH240a)
- $109 - MSI 24" Curved 1080p 75Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor (Optix G24VC)
- $180 - ViewSonic 27" 1080p 144 Hz FreeSync 1ms monitor (XG2702)
- $200 - BenQ 27" 1440p IPS Monitor (GW2765HT)
- $210 - Acer Nitro VG271 27" 1080p 144Hz IPS FreeSync monitor
- $220 - Dell S-Series 32" 1440p FreeSync monitor w/ speakers (S3219D)
- $249 - LG 27" 1080p 144Hz monitor with HDR 10 (27GL650F-B)
- $299 - Samsung 32" Curved WQHD 144Hz VA (LC32JG50QQNZA)
- $300 - BenQ 28" 4K HDR 1ms Gaming Monitor (EL2870U)
- $300 - LG 27" 4K IPS FreeSync Monitor (27UD68-W)
- $380 - LG 34" Curved WFHD IPS 144Hz G-Sync (34GL750-B) (2560x1080)
- $380 - Samsung 32" 4K Monitor (LS32R750UENXZA)
- $380 - Samsung 32" Curved 4K Monitor (LU32R590CWNXZA)
- $500 - Dell 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 Monitor (U3417W FR3PK)
- $699 - Acer EI491CR 49" Curved 144Hz VA FreeSync 2 Ultrawide (3840 x 1080)
- $60 - Elgato Stream Deck Mini
- $100 - Elgato Cam Link 4K
- $100 - Elgato Stream Deck
- $100 - HyperX QuadCast USB Condenser Gaming Microphone
- $150 - Elgato Key Light
- $200 - Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Dock
- $250 - Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro
Corsair (now parent company of Elgato) has gone all out this Prime Day and discounted multiple items favored by streamers. Each item is below its all-time low, and in the case of the 4K60 Pro and Key Light, even less than its last best price.
Like the PC deals, the PC component bargains are also a little bit random. You'll find some great parts in the mix, though. The most interesting of them is the Threadripper 2920X, which is now available for a song thanks to the recent Ryzen 3000 launch. You're in luck if you need tons of PCIe lanes for your next build on the cheap.
Looking for even more component sales? Newegg's been offering competing sales, which have easily matched Amazon's best and one-upped them.
- $50 - Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L TUF mATX Tower
- $56 - CORSAIR Carbide SPEC-DELTA RGB Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case
- $61 - Thermaltake Commander C36 ARGB ATX Mid Tower Computer Chassis
- $128 - Cooler Master SGC-5000W-KWN2 Stryker SE Full-Tower Case
- $182 - Thermaltake Level 20 GT RGB Plus E-ATX Full Tower Modular Case
Fans of tempered glass are in luck: Prime Day's best case sales all feature a glass panel, and you get both affordable and premium options to choose from. We're partial to the Thermaltake C36 and its 200mm fans, but all of these options are at their lowest prices ever.
- $65 - AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- $80 - AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
- $120 - AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- $159 - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
- $200 - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
- $250 - AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X (12-Core/24-Thread) Processor
- $25 - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler
- $105 - Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid 280mm dual-fan CPU Cooler
We've seen prices in this range before, but that doesn't stop this RX 570 from enjoying a respectable discount.
- $34 - Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+ White Certified
- $60 - Corsair Vengeance 750M, 750 Watt, 80+ Silver Certified, Semi-Modular
- $74 - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular
- $95 - Corsair RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular, White
Hard disk drives
- $130 - WD Black 4TB 7200 RPM, 3.5" (WD4005FZBX)
- $136 - WD Red Pro 4TB 7200 RPM, 3.5" (WD4003FFBX)
- $148 - Seagate IronWolf 6TB, 3.5" (ST6000VN0033)
- $157 - WD Red 8TB 5400 RPM, 3.5" (WD80EFAX)
- $175 - WD Blue 4TB 5400 RPM, 3.5" (WD40EZRZ)
- $175 - WD Black 6TB 7200 RPM, 3.5" (WD6003FZBX)
- $216 - WD Red 10TB 5400 RPM, 3.5" (WD100EFAX)
Whether you need massive amounts of storage for your desktop PC or a NAS, these all-time low prices have you covered. In particular, the Seagate IronWolf 6TB and WD Red 10TB drives have the best discounts.
- $80 - WD Black 500GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
- $175 - WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
- $193 - SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2.5" 2TB SATA SSD
- $400 - Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" 4TB SATA SSD
Solid-state drive prices have been in free fall for months now, so we recommend that you wait if you don't have a urgent need for a high-capacity SSD. Even with the looming threat of tariffs, we think that Black Friday will have better prices. However, if you need a 2TB or 4TB SSD now, these prices are superb.
- $77 - Toshiba Canvio Advance 4TB Portable External Hard Drive
- $52 - Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB USB 3.0 External Portable Hard Drive
- $90 - Seagate Game Drive 4TB External Portable Hard Drive
- $92 - WD 4TB Gaming Drive Portable External Hard Drive
- $100 - LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB 3.0 1TB External Hard Drive
- $130 - LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB 3.0 2TB External Hard Drive
- $80 - LaCie Rugged Mini 2TB USB 3.0 External Portable Hard Drive
- $80 - Seagate Expansion Desktop 4TB External Hard Drive
- $90 - WD 6TB Elements USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive
- $100 - Seagate Expansion Desktop 6TB External Hard Drive
- $160 - WD 10TB Elements USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive
- $170 - Seagate Backup Plus Hub 10TB External Desktop Hard Drive
- $135 - WD 1TB My Passport Go USB 3.0 Portable External SSD, Cobalt
- $157 - G-Technology 1TB G-DRIVE SSD USB-C Durable Portable External SSD
Prime Day 2019 includes a healthy amount of bargains on external storage—all prices listed are the lowest we've seen. We're partial to the $77 4TB Canvio drive, especially if you need something inexpensive to take with you on the go. It'll work with a gaming console like the Xbox One S or PlayStation 4, too.
USB flash drives
- $8 - SanDisk 64GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive
- $10 - SanDisk 64GB Ultra Loop USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- $18 - SanDisk 128GB Ultra Loop USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- $19 - SanDisk Ultra 128GB Dual Drive USB-C
- $30 - SanDisk 256GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive
- $33 - SanDisk 256GB Ultra Dual Drive USB-C, USB 3.1
- $60 - SanDisk 256GB iXpand Flash Drive for iPhone and iPad
These deals aren’t earth-shattering, but they are actually the best we've seen for these inexpensive flash drives.
SD and microSD cards
- $20 - SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card
- $24 - SanDisk 128GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I Card
- $30 - SanDisk 256GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card
- $45 - SanDisk 400GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card
- $48 - SanDisk 256GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I Card
- $100 - SanDisk 512GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card
The prices on the lower-capacity SD and microSD cards are about average for sales on flash media. The standouts are the 400GB and 512GB cards, which have hit an all-time low prices.
Routers and networking
Of the networking gear on sale, several of the Nighthawk routers are very good deals—down to their lowest prices yet. Both Netgear and TrendNET have power-over-ethernet switches at affordable prices, too, which are useful if you've recently hopped on board the Ubiquiti train but have been trying to minimize your costs.
- $70 - Netgear Cable Modem CM700 - DOCSIS 3.0
(Compatible with all cable providers; for cable plans up to 500Mbps)
- $126 - Netgear Cable Modem CM1000 - DOCSIS 3.1
(Compatible with all cable providers; for cable plans up to 1Gbps)
This dongle might not be the sexiest tech purchase, but with laptops being almost comically thin (looking at you, MacBook Pro), this networking accessory is a must-have for environments with weak Wi-Fi.
Extenders and Powerline adapters
- $19 - TP-Link AC750 WiFi Range Extender (RE220)
- $24 - NETGEAR AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender EX3700
- $37 - NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender EX6120
- $55 - TP-Link AV1000Mbps Powerline WiFi Extender (TL-WPA7510 KIT)
- $80 - TP-Link AV1300 Powerline WiFi Extender
- $175 - Netgear Wi-Fi Mesh Extender EX8000 AC3000 Tri-Band Signal Repeater
- $120 - D-Link COVR AC3900 Whole Home Wi-Fi System (COVR-3902-US)
- $150 - TP-Link Deco Powerline Hybrid Mesh WiFi System (Deco P7)
- $195 - Netgear Orbi AC2200 Wall-Plug Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK33)
- $200 - Netgear Orbi AC2200 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System (RBK23)
- $317 - Netgear Orbi AC3000 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK50V)
As Prime Day chugs along, we've spotted more mesh router deals—and among them are some lowest-ever prices on the popular Netgear Orbi system. You'll capture savings between a few dollars to a few Hamiltons on these particular sales. If Netgear isn't your jam, you can also snag some user-favorite systems from other maufacturers at great discount, like the TP-Link Deco hybrid mesh/powerline kit. Right now it's a full $50 lower than the last best price.
- $20 - D-Link 8 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch (DGS-108)
- $30 - TRENDnet 5-Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch (TPE-TG50g)
(31W PoE budget, 10Gbps switching capacity, full & half-duplex)
- $35 - TRENDnet 5-Port Gigabit Long Range PoE+ Switch (TPE-LG50)
(4 x PoE+ Ports, 1 x Gigabit Port)
- $40 - NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch
- $40 - TP-Link 16-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Switch (TL-SG116)
- $70 - TRENDnet 8-Port Gigabit Long Range PoE+ Switch (TPE-LG80)
(65W PoE Budget, 16 Gbps Switching Capacity)
- $90 - NETGEAR 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro PoE Switch (GS310TP) - with 8 x PoE+ @ 55W, 2 x 1G SFP, S350 Series
- $30 - TP-Link AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router (Archer C1200)
- $42 - Netgear AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Router (R6230)
- $65 - D-Link Dual Band MU-Mimo Wireless Router (DIR-867-US)
- $68 - TP-Link AC1900 Dual Band MU-MIMO Wireless Router (Archer A9)
- $90 - D-Link EXO AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882-US)
- $98 - TP-Link AC2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router (Archer A10)
- $120 - Linksys Tri-Band Mesh AC2200 MU-Mimo Wireless Mesh Router
- $132 - Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wireless Router (R7800)
- $135 - Netgear Nighthawk C7000 AC1900 Cable Modem/Wi-Fi Router Combo
(Compatible with all cable providers, DOCSIS 3.0)
- $230 - TP-Link Tri Band AC5400 MU-MIMO Wireless Router (C5400X)
- $350 - NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 Wireless Router
Best Smart Home deals
It wouldn't be Prime Day without some killer deals on smart-home devices. From speakers to doorbells, alarms, cameras, and everything in between, Amazon has pulled out all the stops, with enough deals to turn any house from boring to brainy. Here are the best deals we've found so far:
- Echo (2nd Generation) - $50 (50% off)
- Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - $22 (56% off)
- Echo Plus (2nd Gen) - $110 (27% off)
- Echo Show (2nd Gen) - $160 (30% off)
- Echo Show 5 - $50 (44% off)
We're big fans of Amazon's Echo speakers, naming the Echo Spot as our top smart speaker and the Echo Dot as the best entry-level smart speaker in our roundup. While the Echo Spot isn't part of this sale, however, the brand new Echo Show 5 is, with Amazon slashing $40 off its price tag to bring it down to $50. We're still in the process of reviewing the five-inch Show, but it left a great impression in our hands on, with a great compact design and excellent Alexa support. And if you don't want a screen in your smart speaker, the other options here are great too, with most at or near all-time-low prices.
Smart locks, alarms, and doorbells
- Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell (first gen) with Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - $70 (53% off)
- Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit + Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - $119 (52% off)
- Ring Alarm 8 Piece Kit + Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - $144 (55% off)
- Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus - $153 (30% off)
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro with Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - $169 (43% off)
- August Smart Lock Pro + Connect, 3rd gen - $175 (37% off)
- Ring Alarm 14 Piece Kit + Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - $199 (58% off)
If you're looking for peace of mind in your smart home, there are some great options here. The August Smart Lock Pro is one of the best locks in the business, earning our pick as the best retrofit smart lock in our roundup. We also like the Ring Alarm system, calling it "an absolute bargain" with a "smooth-as-silk installation process" and "everything it needs to grow into a comprehensive smart home system," so any of the nicely discounted options (which include varying amounts of sensors, motion detectors, and keypads) here will serve you well. And finally, the Ring Doorbell is on sale for the lowest price we've seen. Both models come with a free Echo Dot for Alexa integration, but keep in mind that the Pro is one for wired connections, so if you don't have an existing doorbell, the all-time-low price on the first-gen WiFi model is the way to go. And finally, the Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus is a fantastic improvement over the Bluetooth model, even if it does eat through batteries pretty quickly.
Smart security cameras
- Ring Spotlight Cam Battery HD Security Camera - $139 (30% off)
- Arlo Pro Wireless Home Security Camera System 5 camera kit, Cloud Storage Included - $509.07 (38% off)
- Kasa 1080P HD indoor camera by TP-Link - 30% off
- Kasa 1080p HD Cam Outdoor by TP-Link - 49% off
Nest might get all of the attention in the security camera space, but TP-Link's Kasa Cams are excellent low-priced options, and the deals here make them even more attractive. The cameras capture "tack-sharp images in both 720p and 1080p resolution, with rich colors and even lighting ... with robust features you often don’t see at this price."
Smart light bulbs
- Kasa Smart WiFi Light Bulb (KL110) - $16 (20% off)
- Kasa Smart WiFi Light Bulb, Tunable White (KL120) - $23 (33% off)
- Kasa Smart WiFi Light Bulb, Multicolor (KL130) - $21 (23% off)
The Kasa Smart WiFi bulbs don't score as high as the Hue bulbs, but they're still solid options for anyone looking for affordable smart lighting in their homes. With three options—a color-tunable bulb (KL130), a white-tunable bulb (KL120), and a white dimmable/non-tunable bulb (KL110)—all pumping out 800 lumens. of light, and easy scheduling and presets in the app, the Kasa bulbs offer everything you need to get your smart home running, with no hub required.
- Kasa Smart WiFi 2 Outlet Outdoor Plug by TP-Link - $30 (25% off)
- Kasa Smart WiFi Plug Mini by TP-Link - $40 (27% off)
TP-Link's Kasa plugs are among our favorite for turning dumb devices smart. The two-outlet outdoor plug is affordable and functional, and offer "enough compelling upgrades here ... to justify paying the premium," as we wrote in our review, and the indoor Plug Mini is easy to use and reliable.