Black Friday deals may be mostly fluff, but don't count them out for PC builds. November's unique mix of loss leaders, variety of sales, and combo deals mean you can net some serious savings.
In fact, as an annual tradition, I've challenged myself to see just how cheap you can build a gaming PC using Black Friday deals. As you'll see in the results for 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, the systems got better steadily while also dropping in price nearly every year. Good stuff.
For 2020, I'm starting this article early with the deals I'll likely use in my build lists—that way, you can follow along and snag the same discounts as they're added. Come next Friday I'll reveal my final picks, along with a breakdown of the selections. I anticipate a tricky Tetris-like puzzle this year, but we'll see what next week brings.
For more PC component discounts, have a look at our curated list of Black Friday deals.
Deals with strikethrough text have expired.
- Intel Core i7-9700K, $200 at Micro Center ($100 off)
(In-store purchases only)
- Intel Core i9-9900K + Crysis Remastered, $320 on Newegg ($80 off)
- Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 AM4, $70 on Newegg (22% off)
(Use code EMCGGFG26 at check out)
- MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC Mini-ITX Motherboard, $100 (23% off)
- Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 CL18, $99 on Newegg
- OLOy 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR-3600 CL18, $99 at Newegg (9% off)
- MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT + Godfall and WoW Shadowlands, $350 ($45 off)
(Use code 2BFSTNW326 at checkout and file mail-in rebate within 21 days of purchase.)
- SK Hynix S31 500GB 2.5, $46 on Amazon (20% off)
- SK Hynix S31 1TB 2.5, $89 on Amazon (18% off)
- Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5” SATA SSD, $100 on Amazon (27% off)
- SK Hynix P31 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD, $64 on Amazon (20% off)
- SK Hynix P31 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, $115 on Amazon (21% off)
- Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD, $60 on Amazon (40% off)
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, $130 on Amazon (28% off)
- Seasonic S12III 550W 80+ Bronze, $45 on Newegg (25% off)
- Corsair CX450M 450W 80+ Bronze - Semi-Modular, $50 on Newegg (33% off)
- EVGA Super Nova G5 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular, $101 on Amazon (22% off)
- Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W 80+ Gold, $55 on Newegg (31% off)
(Must file $10 mail-in rebate by 12/20/2020.)
- Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower - White, $65 on Newegg (19% off)
- DIYPC MA01-R Micro ATX Mini Tower, $20 on Newegg (33% off)
(After filing mail-in rebate by 12/5/2020.)
- Lepa Chopper Advance 120mm LED Fan (Green), $0 on Newegg (FREE)
(Must file $10 mail-in rebate by 12/30/2020.)
- Asus TUF VG249Q 23.8" 1080p 144Hz IPS FreeSync, $170 at Best Buy (32% off)