- Meet the Radeon RX 580
- Our test system/Division results
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Far Cry Primal
- Ashes of the Singularity
- Synthetics, VR, power, and heat
- Bottom line
Far Cry Primal
Far Cry Primal is another Ubisoft game, but it’s powered by a different engine than The Division—the latest version of the respected Dunia engine.
Once again, the RX 580 outpunches the RX 480 by such a slim margin that your eye could never actually see the difference. And once again, the EVGA 6GB GTX 1060 and Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ trade blows depending on the graphics preset and resolution tested.
Next page: Ashes of the Singularity
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+
The Radeon RX 580 is basically the Radeon RX 480 with a new name, but that still makes it the best mainstream graphics card around. Sapphire's custom Nitro+ design is stellar.
- Great 1080p, good 1440p, and solid VR gameplay
- Compelling price to performance
- Sapphire's Nitro+ customizations look and work great
- Lags far behind GTX 1060 in power efficiency
- Basically a rebrand of the RX 480 with slightly higher clock speeds