Laptops used to be quite expensive in the early 2000s, but that’s no longer the case. You can find quality equipment from Dell matching your budget and needs. Dell laptops target both professionals as well as not-so-tech-savvy users. While Dell offers several different series of laptops and desktop PCs, two of the most in-demand are Inspiron and Latitude computers. Each is targeted at a specific consumer group. Read on to find out about their basic differences and advantages.
How to choose the right laptop
When picking a laptop, we usually have in mind how much memory it should have, whether it should be a touchscreen or not, how light the laptop is, and what screen size to choose. You might want to also consider whether your laptop needs to be equipped with additional safety features, inbuilt privacy screens, or additional software gadgets such as an inbuilt work improvement tracker or immediate connection to the fastest Wi-Fi signal around you.
Dell Inspiron: Affordable quality and great design
The Inspiron laptop was released back in 1997 and is a great choice for everyday use at an affordable price. Most come as 2-in-1 and are available in several sizes: 13”, 14”, 15”, and 17” screens. Although overall fairly affordable, Dell often releases Dell coupons with which you can purchase an Inspiron laptop for even less. There are three different series, all part of the Inspiron range, and each has slightly different characteristics:
- 3000 series: this line is the most basic and targets young users as well as those looking for a very basic laptop. You can find Inspiron 3000 laptops starting at $299.99
- 5000 series: these laptops include 2-in-1 models equipped with the latest processors. Their design is also more sophisticated and can be found starting at $499.99
- 7000 series: the Inspiron 7000s are lighter and thinner than the 6000 series. They also have a sleeker design and can be purchased from $679.99
The initial 3000 and 5000 series were designed as slightly larger laptops compared to the models available now. However, unlike the Latitude series, where the display ratio is 4:3, some Inspirons come with a widescreen display, making them ideal for movie nights. Some Inspiron laptops, like the Inspiron 13 7000, offer Dolby Vision™ including a 100% sRGB color and 300 nits of brightness, guaranteeing superb display quality. Other models, such as Inspiron 15 5000, are designed with a narrow border giving you the feeling of a borderless screen.
Although cheaper in price than other Dell laptops, the Inspiron models provide the legendary Dell quality and reliable performance. You can purchase a laptop for less than $1,000 and won’t be disappointed.
Dell Latitude: Better quality and durability
While the Inspiron laptop was created to be mainly available for the mass users out there, the Latitude laptop was designed more for business and professional users. It is safe to say that the Latitude laptops have been designed to be more durable, for instance when commuting or traveling on business trips. Don’t let the plastic material they are made of deceive you into thinking that they are not solid and resistant. Dell has made sure that this line of laptops can withstand turbulences, slight knocks, and bumps when carried around on different means of transportation.
They also come with additional security features in order to protect data-sensitive information, including face ID recognition and fingerprint recognition. Dell’s Latitude laptops are also divided into four different series, as well as price ranges.
- 3000 series: Once again, this series is the most affordable one. A lower price does not mean that these Dell laptops have shorter lasting batteries or slower processors. That’s certainly not the case as they come with long-lasting battery life and equally good processors as the 5000 and 7000 series. Bear in mind that the Latitude 3000 series, however, has cut costs when it comes to the RAM memory and some screen sizes.
- 5000 series: This is a slightly more expensive range of laptops, but with a Dell coupon code, you can find these laptops at a great price. Some of these models, similarly to the Inspiron ones, come as 2-in-1 laptops - a great functionality if you are used to using your laptop as a tablet every now and then. Equipped with 10th generation Intel processors, these laptops offer fast performance and do not fail you during business meetings and presentations.
- 7000 series: These Dell laptops offer a sleek design and 2-in-1 functionality. These great lightweight professional laptops offer ExpressConnect - a brillant function allowing you to connect to the fastest available Wi-Fi service. On top of that, for additional safety, they have been enhanced with SafeScreen - Dell’s privacy screen. Some models, such as Latitude 7400 2-in-1 offer a unique Dell feature - Dell ExpressSign-in, which is the first PC proximity sensor enabled by Intel® Context Sensing Technology
- 9000 series: The priciest of Latitude laptops, the 9000 series, includes two models. Those are Latitude 9400 2-in-1 and Latitude 9510, both worth approximately $1,830. These laptops are the world’s smallest and thinnest 14” business notebooks. Dell equipped them with the so-called Dell Optimizer, which allows your Latitude laptop to learn your working habits and how fast you work, so that it can help you be more efficient.
Buying a new laptop: the choice is yours
New laptop models are released on the market all the time and Dell is among the most consistent laptop producers when it comes to new releases. When choosing a Dell laptop, you don’t need to worry about spending too much because Dell has made sure to sell laptops based on everyone’s budget. Whether you are looking for a more basic laptop or a tougher business one, browse our available offers from PCWorld coupons. Dell laptop offers are available throughout the year, especially during the biggest shopping events, such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Back to School campaigns, and Summer Sales.