The best Amazon Prime Day laptop deals say that dreams can come true—that a laptop you couldn’t afford last week just may be attainable this week. There were few good deals on the mid-priced mainstream models (roughly $400 to $900) that fit into most people’s budgets already. But when a laptop that costs around $2,000 suddenly drops closer to $1,000, that’s a real deal.
Our top picks from Amazon Prime Day reflect that trend—as of midnight, the best two deals are in the high range. But they have the flair that warrants the cash: the Duo in particular has a unique two-display design.
To see everything else on sale right now, check out our round-up of the best Amazon Prime Day 2020 deals.
Best Amazon Prime Day laptop deals
- $999.99 – Asus ZenBook Duo UX481Remove non-product link (23% off) This is a cutting-edge laptop with a second display above the keyboard, a great deal for a distinctive product.
- $1,149.99 – Gigabyte Aero 15Remove non-product link (39% off) This laptop is normally $1,900, so the Prime Day deal is indeed a good one. It has a stunning AMOLED display and a high-octane configuration built for content creators.
- $1,999.99 – Razer Blade 15 Advanced Gaming LaptopRemove non-product link (23% off $2,599.99) A good gaming laptop is still expensive, but this deal takes a big chunk off of a great configuration: Intel Core i7-10875H, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q, 15.6-inch, 300Hz FHD display, 16GB RAM, and 512GB SSD.
Best Dell deals
Dell is jumping into Prime Day with both feet, offering Limited Time Deals on gaming PCs, laptops and monitors. Most are discounts in the 20-percent range. Act quickly, though, as they expire on October 15 at 8 a.m. ET. Here are the best deals we saw.
- $1,236 – Alienware m15 R1Remove non-product link (45% off $2,254,99), a whopping $1,018 off the retail price for a 9th-gen Core i7 processor, Nvidia RTX 2070, and 15.6-inch 144Hz display, plus 512GB SSD and 16GB of memory. (If Dell sells out, the same model is $1,949.99 at AmazonRemove non-product link.)
- $1,199.99 – Alienware m17 R2Remove non-product link (36% off $1,879 MSRP)
- $1,499.99 – Dell XPS13 2-in-1Remove non-product link (23% off $1,949.99). This model is our Editor’s Choice winner and sports 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD.
- $349.99 – Dell 32 Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)Remove non-product link (43% off) (Amazon sells itRemove non-product link for $454.99.) The display is a curved 2560×1440, with 144Hz off the HDMI port (there’s two) and 165Hz using the DisplayPort.
Best Microsoft Store deals
Microsoft is offering 25 percent off of its Surface Pro 7 tablet, plus discounts on third-party PCs. If you’re signed up for Microsoft Bing Rebates, Microsoft will take another 1 percent off your purchase.
Top tech sales during Prime Day
Want to do your own digging around to see what’s available? All of these stores have sales right now: