If you weren’t able to take advantage of Amazon’s summer Prime Day sales event, or you couldn’t find the item you were looking for, here’s your second chance. The Prime Early Access Sale—aka Prime Day 2, or October Prime Day—lasts through October 12, with deals in all product categories, including some of your favorite tech. Whether you’re in the market for a new GPU, TV, Chromebook, SSD, or smart home accessory, you’re likely to find what you need at a significant savings.
We’ve combed through all the tech categories that PCWorld readers care about, and have curated the best deals below. To take advantage of October Prime Day sales you must be a member of Amazon Prime, a $139-a-year subscription that offers free two-day shipping on orders, as well as a litany of frills and various promotional offers. Not already a Prime member? No problem, we’ve got you covered with a guide on how to get Amazon Prime for free.
Best Prime Early Access Sale tech deals
To help you easily parse the best deals from a broad range of tech products, we present the highlights from the many focused deals roundups our expert reviewers have compiled. Be sure to check out the complete deals roundups linked in each category if you don’t find what you’re looking for here. Happy bargain hunting!
Best Amazon TV deals
- TCL 55-inch 4K HDR Smart Roku TV: $299.99 (50% off at Amazon)
- TCL 50-inch 4K Smart Roku TV (2021 Model): $279.99, (44% off at Amazon)
- Insignia 32-inch F20 720p Fire TV (2018 Model): $99.99, (44% off at Amazon)
- Hisense 65-inch ULED Android 4K 120Hz TV w/Alexa, $699.99 (36% off at Amazon)
- LG OLED65B1PUA 65-inch Alexa B1 Series (2021), $1,596.99 (35% off at Amazon)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale TV deals
Best Amazon laptop deals
- HP 15, Core i5/Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics/8GB RAM/256GB SSD, 15.6-inch 1080p display, $461.39 (30% off on Amazon)
- Acer Swift 3, Core i7/Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics/8GB RAM/256GB SSD, 14-inch 1080p display, $582.99 (31% off on Amazon)
- Lenovo Ideapad 3i, Core i5/Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics/8GB RAM/512GB SSD, 15.6-inch 1080p display, $467.99 (28% off on Amazon)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale laptop deals
Best Amazon Chromebook deals
- Lenovo 14e Chromebook, AMD A-Series/4GB RAM/32GB SSD, 14-inch 1080p display, $104.99 (65% off at Amazon)
- Acer Chromebook 512, Celeron N4020/4GB RAM/32GB SSD, 12-inch 912p display, $79.99 (60% off at Amazon)
- Samsung Chromebook 4+, Celeron N4000/4GB RAM/64GB SSD, 15.6-inch 1080p display, $199.99 (38% off at Amazon)
- Lenovo Chromebook S330, MediaTek MT8173C/4GB RAM/64GB SSD, 14-inch 1080p display, $194.98 (30% off at Amazon)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale Chromebook deals
Best Amazon gaming monitor deals
- Samsung LC49RG90SSNXZA (ultra-wide), 49 inches, 5120X1440 resolution, 32:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, AMD FreeSync 2, 1800R curvature, $849.99 (29% off at Amazon)
- Sasmsung Odyssey G70A, 28 inches, 3840×2160 resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, 16:9 aspect ratio, G-Sync and FreeSync, $579.99 (28% off at Amazon)
- LG 34GP83A-B, 34 inches, 3440×1440 resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, one millisecond response time, 144Hz refresh rate, Nvidia G-Sync compatible, $599.99 (25% off at Amazon)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale monitor deals
Best Amazon soundbar and speaker deals
- Sony HT-S400 soundbar with subwoofer, $178.00 ($122 off at Amazon)
- Polk Audio Signa S2 soundbar with subwoofer, $149.00 ($100 off at Amazon)
- Klipsch Cinema 400 soundbar with subwoofer, $209.00 ($120 off at Amazon)
- Klipsch Synergy B-100 bookshelf speakers, $109.00 ($120 off at Amazon)
- Sony SRS-XG500 Bluetooth boombox, $298.00 ($200.00 off at Amazon)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale soundbar and speaker deals
Best Amazon desktop PC deals
- Skytech Prism II, Ryzen 7 5800X/GeForce RTX 3080/16GB RAM/1TB SSD, $1,999.99 (33% off on Amazon)
- Thermaltake LCGS Shadow 360, Ryzen 5 5600X/GeForce RTX 3060/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Liquid cooling, $1,199.99 (37% off on Amazon)
- Skytech Shiva, Ryzen 5 5600X/GeForce RTX 3080/ 16GB RAM/1TB SSD, $1,699.99 (29% off on Amazon)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale PC deals
Best Amazon SSD deals
- PNY CS900, 1TB 2.5″ SATA SSD, $58 (40% off at Amazon)
- Samsung 870 EVO, 2.5″ SATA SSD, $85.49 (43% off)
- SK Hynix Gold P31, 1TB NVMe Gen 3 M.2 SSD, $87 (48% off)
- Seagate FireCuda 530, 1TB NVMe Gen 4 M.2 SSD, $120 (53% off at Amazon)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale SSD deals
Best Amazon GPU deals
- PNY RTX 3080 LHR 12GB Triple Fan, $749.99 ($50 off at Amazon)
- Asus RTX 3080 Ti 12GB, $892.00 ($308 off at Amazon)
- Zotac RTX 3090 24GB, $869.99 ($630 off at Amazon)
- Asus RX 6600 8GB, $259.99 ($80 off at Amazon)
- PowerColor RX 6650 XT, $293.99 ($96 off at Amazon)
- PowerColor RX 6400 4GB Low Profile, $125.99 ($44 off at Amazon)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale GPU deals
Best Amazon smart speaker deals
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen): $17.99 (55% off)
- Amazon Echo Dot with Clock (4th Gen): $34.99 (42% off)
- Amazon Echo (4th Gen): $59.99 (40% off)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale smart speaker deals
Best Amazon robot vacuum deals
- Roborock E5: $179.99 (38% off)
- Neato D10: $399.99 (33% off)
- iRobot i4+ Evo (mop/vac hybrid) $399.99 (38% off)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale robot vacuum deals
Best Amazon dash cam deals
- Byakov Dash Cam, 1080p front view/170 degree field of view/2-inch LCD, $31.99 (47% off on Amazon)
- Vantrue S1, 4K front view/1080p rearview/170 degree field of view/2-inch LCD, $90 (39% off on Amazon)
- Vantrue N2S, 1440p front and inside view/155 degree field of view/2-inch LCD, $153.99 (47% off on Amazon)
For more, go to Best Prime Early Access Sale dash cam deals
Prime Early Access Sale FAQ
What is the Prime Early Access Sale 2022?
As shopping holidays go, the Prime Early Access Sale 2022 might not be able to match Black Friday’s scope, but bargain hunters are still likely to find a few sweet deals during this fall event. Just like the mid-year Prime Day, we expect Amazon devices to be a big part of the deals—look for sales on the Echo Show, Kindle Paperwhite, Ring alarm, and more, plus steep discounts on Fire TV-enabled smart TVs. But if the past predicts the future, you can safely expect solid price cuts on streaming devices, Bluetooth headsets, fitness trackers and smartwatches, mechanical keyboards, mice, and gaming headsets. Often there’s been at least a few nice buys for laptops, desktop PCs, and Chromebooks, too.
When is the Prime Early Access Sale 2022?
The Prime Early Access Sale 2022 starts at midnight Pacific Time on October 11 and ends on October 12, end of day.
How do I know I’m getting a great deal?
If you refer to PCWorld’s articles pointing to the best Prime Early Access Sale 2022 deals, you can be assured that our editors have vetted the deals based on price history and the quality of the product. But it’s also possible for you to do background research that will help you find the best deals.
Like any retailer, Amazon mixes true deals with “sales” that are really just regular prices (or close to it) with a deal tag. To avoid that pitfall, look up historical prices before buying. We like Keepa.com for this—particularly price-history graphs that you can adjust on-the-fly. CamelCamelCamel.com is also a good alternative, though not quite as robust. Both services offer price watching for specific items, too.
For example, let’s say you see a deal on the Elgato Stream Deck. You’d type “Elgato Stream Deck” into Keepa, and find the historic pricing of that product.
Keepa says the best pricing on this macro board was $97 in January 2020, and that the highest was $190 about a year and a half ago. In the last three months, it’s hovered between $120 to $130. With that information, you have the tools to decide whether this streaming accessory is worth the current sale price.
If the sale price were $100, for example, that would be a good deal—you’d be getting close to the lowest price ever. A $110 price tag would also still be a pretty good deal, since it’s cheaper than recent prices, which were already in a low range. The graph also shows that deals in the last year have been standard discounts, rather than anything special like a limited-time lightning deal.
What is a Lightning Deal?
Lightning Deals are limited-time deals that can offer the steepest discounts. Accordingly, the more popular ones sell out fast—like hot-concert-tickets fast. For more information about Lightning Deals check out our guide on how to snag them during the Prime Early Access Sale 2022.
Can I see Lightning Deals in advance?
Amazon often teases its lightning deals in advance. If you visit the Prime Early Access Sale 2022 webpage, for example, you may see a carousel of Lightning Deals. Keep scrolling through those deals, and you’ll soon hit products that are on deck but haven’t yet started as deals.
If you find something in those upcoming Lightning Deals you’d like to buy, that’s the time to do historical price-checking. Then when the product goes on sale, you’ll know right away if Amazon’s limited-time price is worth it.
Can I get alerts for Lightning Deals?
Speaking of which, you don’t have to wait around or keep an eye on the clock to know when your deals are going live. The Amazon app for Android and iOS lets you build a deals watch list and then get notifications when your deals are active.
Once you’ve installed the Amazon app and signed in, go to Settings > Notifications > Your Watched & Waitlisted Deals. Activate the slider in that section. You can now add an upcoming item to your watch list—go to the deals page in the app, find the upcoming deals you’re interested in, and tap Watch this deal.
Can I trust the deals from Amazon’s third-party sellers?
Remember that Amazon isn’t the only merchant offering sales during Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale 2022. Third-party Amazon marketplace sellers are also eligible to sell items at low prices. Many of these sellers are great, but sometimes there are less-than-honest brokers pushing fake or low-quality products, as The Guardian reported in April 2018.
Before you buy—even with Lightning Deals—take a second to check that the seller and the product appear legitimate. We advise consumers to only buy products that come from, or are fulfilled by, Amazon. That won’t protect you from counterfeits, but if anything goes wrong, you’re 100-percent covered by Amazon’s excellent customer service. With independent third-party marketplace sellers, you have to deal with them directly and can appeal to Amazon only if that effort fails.
Do other retailers have Prime Early Access Sale 2022 deals?
Be sure to check out the rest of the internet during the Prime Early Access Sale 2022. With Amazon building so much hype, other retailers are apt to offer their own sales to compete. It’s a long shot to find the exact same deals elsewhere, but it’s always worth checking online shops like Walmart, Newegg, Staples, and Best Buy for a close match.
Or better yet, check out PCWorld’s curated Prime Early Access Sale 2022 articles for the best deals across all retailers.
More Prime Early Access Sale 2022 deals
PCWorld will scouring both Amazon and other online retailers for early Prime Early Access Sale 2022 deals. So, whether you’re interested in TVs, laptops, PC storage or other consumer tech items, chances are we’ll have a roundup highlighting the deals of interest. Please bookmark this article, as we’ll be linking to more detailed deal articles as the Early Access Sale nears.