1. Before you do anything, save the text of any open Sticky Notes, as this process will close and delete any open Sticky Notes. Be sure to save your data first! I recommend copying and pasting any text to a notepad file, and leaving it open so you can retrieve it shortly.
2. Click Start > Settings, and select System.
3. Next select Apps and Features, then scroll down to Sticky Notes and click Advanced Options.
4. In that window you’ll see a button labeled Reset. Before you click it make sure you’ve backed up any open Sticky Notes, as clicking it will close the program and delete any notes you have set up currently. All backed up? OK, click Reset.
5. You’re all done. Now when you try to close a Sticky Note the confirmation box will appear.