2. Download and install the Plex Media Server utility for Windows. This is the software that’ll link your media library to your box.
3. Right-click the Plex Media Server icon in your System Tray, then choose Media Manager. That should open a new tab in your browser, which is where you’ll set up the media you want to share with your Roku. It may take a minute or two before any options appear, so be patient.
4. Eventually you’ll see five options for adding media to your library. The process is the same for all, so click one (say, Photos), then click Add and navigate to the folder containing the photos you want to add. Click Add again if you want to include additional folders.
5. When you’ve finished making your selections, click Add Section. Again, it may take a minute or two for your media to appear in the browser tab.
6. Now head to your TV, fire up the Roku, and choose the Plex channel. You should see your selected media channels, which you can now browse and view as you like.
If you have trouble navigating your media owning to filename confusion, check out Plex’s Naming Guide, which is a bit confusing but can ultimately be of some help.