Let’s face it: Not everyone is happy with the battery life on their iPhone. New York’s Douglas Tam thinks he may be able to help not just keep your iPhone alive, but to keep it green: The Monster Watts Hybrid Solar Battery Case not only keeps your iPhone safe in a durable case, but it also charges its battery (which is used to charge your phone) using solar power.
Using the power of the sun (hence the word “solar”, which you probably didn’t need me to explain), this case with an extraordinarily long name claims to nearly double battery life. It also boasts a thinner profile than a lot of other cases, including those with batteries inside, and even a little style with a bumper you can exchange for other colors as you like.
Here’s a bit of what it has to offer:
- A 2400 mAh lithium polymer battery-back up or charge iPhone
- Efficient solar charger-automatically charges the battery pack
- Built-in micro USB port (charge and sync)
- Access to all buttons and ports
- Replaceable color bumper-protects and fits your mood
- Available in black or white-match your iPhone
Don’t go looking for the Monster Watts Hybrid Solar Battery Case just yet; it’s a Kickstarter project that’s looking for $15,000 by January 19 and, to date, has only $162 in pledges. Those who support this project through Kickstarter will get a discount on the final product (as well as extra bumpers), so this might be a good initiative to back with a few extra bucks.
Like this? You might also enjoy…
- The PlayStation Vita Brings Gaming Into Your Reality
- Any Phone Can Take Macro Photos With This Lens Band
- Siri Learns to Play Piano, Can’t Play Trombone Just Yet