As I write this, Facebook is experiencing some kind of outage–apparently due to its rollout of new user pages. How long it will last is anybody’s guess.
The irony is that my first instinct was to post a status update–on Facebook. Even as my brain was telling me I couldn’t do that, my finger was clicking my FB bookmark.
That’s how addicted many of us have become to the social network. With that in mind, I thought I’d offer this little list of ways to survive a Facebook outage.
1. Try Twitter instead. (Duh.)
2. Need a chat fix? There’s always instant messaging (remember that?).
3. Still need a chat fix? Try the telephone (remember that?). I’ll bet you haven’t called your mom in ages.
4. Break out the bleach wipes and give your mouse and keyboard a good wipedown. It’s cold and flu season, after all.
5. Read a book. Books are great. We spend so much time digesting tiny chunks of status-update text that we forget how wonderful it can be to curl up with…
Whoops! Facebook’s back up. Gotta go post an update!