For those of you who haven’t used Tweetie, it is one of the better Twitter apps out there. The homepage features a search bar, “suggested users” tab, and a list of trending topics. Sign in (or sign up), and you’ll be taken to a screen with the latest tweets from your list of Twitterers. There are five tabs at the bottom–a “latest tweets” tab, a “@” tab (tweets that mention you), a “messages” tab (private messages to you), a “search” tab, and the “more” tab.
To write a tweet, there’s a button in the upper right corner. The “compose” screen features a number of quick buttons for you to add people, hashtags, geotags, shrunken URLs, and photos to your tweets.
Twitter, or Tweetie v. 3.0, does have a few new features:
– Search results now include Top Tweets
– You can use Twitter without an account (you’ll be able to search, browse users, and see trends and top tweets)
– You can sign up for Twitter within the application
– Retweet and other popular actions have been moved to the main actions bar
– “More” tab has been reorganized
Though Tweetie–now Twitter–was one of the most well-designed and popular Twitter apps, there are still several other Twitter apps (both free and paid) in the app store. These include Twitterific, Twittelator Pro, and TwitterFon.